Color Atlas Help

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Ophtho24

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I was wondering if any residents or practicing docs like Dr. Doan could give some advice on a good ophtho color atlas. I would like one that has pictures that have identifying markers (ie pointers to lesions.) I have heard a lot of good things about kanski, but I was wondering if there might be one out there that doesn't have all the text, since I mainly just want to get good at identifying common and uncommon diseases. (Plus, I figure I will have enough text to go through with all of the academy books.) Any ideas or should I just go with Kanski? Thanks for any input in advance.

Members don't see this ad.

Also any thoughts on getting the Mosby book Ophthalmology by Yanoff and Duker instead?

Members don't see this ad :)
Kanski & Spalton are both excellent choices

Ophtho24 said:
Also any thoughts on getting the Mosby book Ophthalmology by Yanoff and Duker instead?

I own both kanski and yanoff...I prefer kanski. I like kanski organization better, it is more concise, and not quite as heavy to carry around.

Thanks for all of your guys input looks like Kanski is the way to go. I think I am going to get the international edition that is paperback since you can get that for like 100 bucks instead of over 200. Money is tight, plus I figure it might be even easier to carry around. Thanks again for all of your help. If any of you think the paperback is a really bad way to go feel free to chime in and I'll check under the sofa cushions for some extra coin.