Colorado Interview

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

kata

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello Everyone,

I was wondering if you all can give me some advises. I have been accepted to LLU and have also been invited to interview at Colorado. I would like to go to the interview, but the whole application, and admission process has completely bankrupt my bank account. Should I still risk more financial hardship to interview at Colorado when I am already accepted to LLU.

Thanks in advance.

Members don't see this ad.

kata said:
Hello Everyone,

I was wondering if you all can give me some advises. I have been accepted to LLU and have also been invited to interview at Colorado. I would like to go to the interview, but the whole application, and admission process has completely bankrupt my bank account. Should I still risk more financial hardship to interview at Colorado when I am already accepted to LLU.

Thanks in advance.

Have you visited Colorado yet? If you haven't, then it makes it difficult to decide. If you have, and you think you liked it more than LLU, then yes, it's worth taking a loan. If you liked LLU more, then don't bother. However, if you really, really enjoy LLU then maybe Colorado won't have to be an option... though since you're having doubts, that might not be the case.

It's worth the money, considering that you need to find the best school for you so you don't become unhappy with your education. However, make sure you have a secure source for a loan... imagine if you were to be accepted to both schools and then not be able to obtain the money to reserve your seat! I don't think you'd be able to get financial aid to cover a deposit. If you enjoyed LLU... well, there's always the chance you might enjoy Colorado more, but you have to make sure you can fund your deposit so you don't risk getting put on the waiting list and losing your seat. Chances are you can find a short-term loan for around $500 if you've got a job... the interest will suck, but in the long run it'll be one heck of an investment! Scope out loan places in your area now, and if you can fund your deposit *and* go to Colorado, even if it means giving up some things it's totally worth the sacrifice.

Oh yeah, and I can totally relate on being bankrupt from admissions stuff. :( Just try to remember that by net investment, it's worth being broke right now... though I know that's hard to keep in mind!!

i just came back from colorado....i really like it... i would recommend visiting it

Members don't see this ad :)
Thank you for your advance. I have just received an acceptance to Western; therefore, have decided not to go to Colorado. I am now in the process of trying to fund my deposit for Western. Thank you again for all your help. :)

kata said:
Thank you for your advance. I have just received an acceptance to Western; therefore, have decided not to go to Colorado. I am now in the process of trying to fund my deposit for Western. Thank you again for all your help. :)

Congrats on ur acceptance. I am new on this. I'll have an interview coming soon and it'll be my first time. I'm trying to be prepared for it. I would like to get some tips/advices/suggestions from you guys if it's possible. What kind of questions do they usually ask during the interview? How should I dress? Thank you very much and hope to hear from you.

I wish people would stop applying to Colorado. ;-) I'm a resident and am planning to only apply to Colorado next year (maybe one or two other schools). The applicant pool is way to large for my taste. Could you guys work on that, please?

Don't flame me, I'm just kidding. I'm a strong candidate so not terribly worried.

Troy