-
CycleTrack and SDN are teaming up to make medical school admissions more transparent and accessible! Read the announcement to learn how we’re supporting the future of CycleTrack’s free application-tracking tools .
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
Colorado State c/o 2025
Started by LaineyLou
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
passionvet
Full Member
Hi there! OOS, second time applying, first time to CSU. Thinking it might be my first choice this round! Good luck to all!
LaineyLou
Full Member
Hi there! OOS, second time applying, first time to CSU. Thinking it might be my first choice this round! Good luck to all!
Awesome! Did you finish your supplemental yet?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Second time OOS applicant!
Working on my second Colorado essay (last minute I know) and I’m kinda stuck.. I feel like I’ve explained what drives me to pursue vet med throughout my main VMCAS essays and I don’t want to repeat myself! Any advice? Should I pick a specific personal memory and run with it?
Working on my second Colorado essay (last minute I know) and I’m kinda stuck.. I feel like I’ve explained what drives me to pursue vet med throughout my main VMCAS essays and I don’t want to repeat myself! Any advice? Should I pick a specific personal memory and run with it?
Last edited:
LaineyLou
Full Member
Second time OOS applicant!
Working on my second Colorado essay (last minute I know) and I’m kinda stuck.. I feel like I’ve explained what drives me to pursue vet med throughout my main VMCAS essays and I don’t want to repeat myself! Any advice? Should I pick a specific personal memory and run with it?
I wouldn’t so much write about what makes you want to do this but what makes it worthwhile for you if that makes sense. I more focused on what continually pushes me to pursue despite all the obstacles I’ve faced. I hope that helps a little! Feel free to dm me!
It's such a big question to address in 1000 characters :U I feel like I was just repeating that I feel a strong calling to enter vet med without having space to really elaborate on why.
pawprintsandponytails
MsState 2025
OOS, 2nd time applicant, 1st time here!
Hi! First-time applicant out of state 🙂
Anyone know any more info regarding the interviews? It says interviews aren't required for the 2021 application.
Interviews are cancelled. Instead, they will send out decisions in mid-late January so your portal will update with Deny/Alternate/Offer at that time.
Hey everyone, I just started a 5 year MBA/DVM program here at CSU so am a candidate for DVM in C/O 2025. If anyone has questions about CSU that I can help with feel free to post or PM and good luck to all of you!
Same. I’m in the same program and I’m close with several of the 1st years here. If anyone has any questions let me know. I’ll be in the ‘25 class with whoever is accepted.
Good luck to everyone applying!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hi everyone! OOS first time applicant! Excited to hear
LaineyLou
Full Member
Does anyone happen to know the date when CSU downloads all the applications for review? I can’t seem to find it on the website.
October 31st. It’s on the supplemental sitw
Thank you so much!October 31st. It’s on the supplemental sitw
atlanticaccra
Full Member
Oh, is that why it still says awaiting on the supplemental page for VMCAS and ELOR? I thought so but wasn't completely sureOctober 31st. It’s on the supplemental sitw
mteleha_sharpe
Full Member
Hey everyone! I am a second time applicant, first time with CSU
pawprintsandponytails
MsState 2025
My application has changed to received in the portal! Nice to know they are ahead of the October 31st date!
LaineyLou
Full Member
My application has changed to received in the portal! Nice to know they are ahead of the October 31st date!
Mine too!
Mine still says submitted...but i'm OOS and submitted my application a week and a half before the deadline...they're probably going in order of when they received them
I'm OOS and my portal also says submitted... Getting pretty nervous🙁
LokiBear
Full Member
Mine still says submitted too.I'm OOS and my portal also says submitted... Getting pretty nervous🙁
pawprintsandponytails
MsState 2025
The original date posted on the website is that applications will be pulled today, so I wouldn't stress! I submitted my application in the first week of September to CSU. They will likely be updating the portals over the next week.
pawprintsandponytails
MsState 2025
On a side note, when I applied the first time in 2018 I got my rejection December 18th, so maybe this year we can get decisions around that time!
LaineyLou
Full Member
The email they sent saying that applications were under review and communication wouldn’t be again until mid December, is that for decisions or it sounded like a more updated time line would be given at that time. Any ideas?
All decisions will be posted by early to mid January. I’m guessing they will contact us in mid December if their timeline is changing or if they’ve began to make decisions.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
desperatevetstudent
Full Member
I got the email about reviews being underway as well, I am OOS and supp. app portal still says submitted, not received!
FINGERS CROSSED!!
FINGERS CROSSED!!
Same here!I got the email about reviews being underway as well, I am OOS and supp. app portal still says submitted, not received!
FINGERS CROSSED!!
limabeanbaby
Full Member
Hi everyone!! OOS applying to a dual program 🙂 Regarding the submitted/received stuff; the page where it lists "your applications" (right after you log in) for me says "submitted", but if you click on the application and open it the application checklist (where it says vmcas app, vmcas lor) says "received"
are they both pages supposed to say received?
are they both pages supposed to say received?
OOS applicant. Same here. "submitted" when I log in, "received" when I open my application.
Hi everyone!! OOS applying to a dual program 🙂 Regarding the submitted/received stuff; the page where it lists "your applications" (right after you log in) for me says "submitted", but if you click on the application and open it the application checklist (where it says vmcas app, vmcas lor) says "received"
are they both pages supposed to say received?
mteleha_sharpe
Full Member
They arent doing interviews this yearAnybody knows when we're expected to receive invites for interview or rejections? CSU is my dream school!
LaineyLou
Full Member
Anybody knows when we're expected to receive invites for interview or rejections? CSU is my dream school!
They sent out an email with this information. And they don’t do interviews.
They sent out an email with this information. And they don’t do interviews.
Oh gosh I need to recheck my emails. I applied to 14 schools (crazy, I know), kinda hard to keep track of everything!
Mine still says received as well!My application still says received, anyone else in the same boat?
I know I am probably being ridiculous but I am just nervous
mine still says "Submitted"!My application still says received, anyone else in the same boat?
I know I am probably being ridiculous but I am just nervous
omg I haven't even thought about filling out the FAFSA yet :0I got an email about the school receiving my FAFSA today, so hopefully, that means they didn't throw my application out the window haha
I didn't realize FAFSA was open yet 😳
I got an email about the school receiving my FAFSA today, so hopefully, that means they didn't throw my application out the window haha
omg I haven't even thought about filling out the FAFSA yet :0
I didn't realize FAFSA was open yet 😳
Yea I haven't thought about completing that either! FAFSA is already open?!?! When did it become available to fill out?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Not sure when it opened but I just did it 😳Yea I haven't thought about completing that either! FAFSA is already open?!?! When did it become available to fill out?
FAFSA opened October 1st🙂
I do it as soon as it opens, because the schools will give you more money if you submit earlyomg I haven't even thought about filling out the FAFSA yet :0
So I'm guessing that means you fill it out based on the previous year's taxes?I do it as soon as it opens, because the schools will give you more money if you submit early
Yes! And if you're under 24, you'll probably need your parent's returns.So I'm guessing that means you fill it out based on the previous year's taxes?
Similar threads
- Replies
- 323
- Views
- 52K
IS applicant, 2nd for CSU (1st was last year as an OOS, interviewed, and waitlisted)