Colorado State c/o 2025

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Yes! And if you're under 24, you'll probably need your parent's returns.
Yea nope, I'm 28 and married.

So I'm currently full-time employed, and so is my husband. During vet school, I wont be working my full time job. So how do you adjust for this on FAFSA if you are filling out based on last year's taxes?

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
I'm 28 too! :giggle: and here I was worried I'd be so old lol

Reactions: 2 users
Yea nope, I'm 28 and married.

So I'm currently full-time employed, and so is my husband. During vet school, I wont be working my full time job. So how do you adjust for this on FAFSA if you are filling out based on last year's taxes?
You don’t... we love fafsa....

The way FAFSA is calculated is extremely frustrating.

Reactions: 3 users
Yeah... they base it off of your income from your taxes that year even though you may not be making that same amount of income unfortunately.
ugh yea that's annoying. Because I don't plan on working in vet school, except for maybe occasionally pet sitting and dog walking. So the main source of income will be my husband's job, plus money we have saved up. But we already know that moving out of state will be expensive (not to mention tuition and living costs.

What is cost of living like in Fort Collins?

So I noticed that if you are independent you aren't required to put the information based on your parents' income/taxes. However, it says if you are a professional student, it says you should. Any one know why this is the case? And how many of y'all older students will be supplying this info?

Reactions: 1 user
There are several 30 year olds in the class of ‘24, as well as some in their 40’s and even 50’s (if I’m not mistaken). The classes are a nice mix of 22/23 year olds right out of undergrad and older non traditional students.

• Wow
So I noticed that if you are independent you aren't required to put the information based on your parents' income/taxes. However, it says if you are a professional student, it says you should. Any one know why this is the case? And how many of y'all older students will be supplying this info?
From what I’ve read, there are schools that have like Health Professions Scholarships that— for whatever reason— require parental information to get the scholarship. I’m not sure all the school’s that have a scholarship like this, but I’m pretty sure Ohio State does. From what I’ve read, as long as you are independent, it won’t hurt to add your parent’s tax information and could benefit you for hidden scholarships and the like.

Not as old as some of you geezers— I kid I kid ; )— but I’m 24/25 and just got married, but I added my parent’s information regardless.

“ What is cost of living like in Fort Collins?”

Depends on your perspective I think. Where are you coming from? In plain terms it’s cheaper than California, more expensive than the Midwest. This site gives some numbers https://www.bestplaces.net/cost_of_living/city/colorado/fort_collins

There are several less expensive towns near Ft Collins (Loveland, Windsor, Wellington Timnath).

Members don't see this ad :)
I don't supply any parent info, And put 0 in my EFC column, I make like 12K/yr working part-time right now and I get full aid. Although I'm planning on doing the Army's HPSP program since I'm a Veteran already it should be easy and you get like 3K/month or something plus full tuition paid for school.

There are several 30 year olds in the class of ‘24, as well as some in their 40’s and even 50’s (if I’m not mistaken). The classes are a nice mix of 22/23 year olds right out of undergrad and older non traditional students.
I really hope I get an acceptance letter from CSU. I live in North Carolina and CSU is my choice over NCSU and I LOVEEE my Wolfpack!

Anyone else still have their app say "submitted"?? i'm OOS and submitted all my stuff on 9/7

Anyone else still have their app say "submitted"?? i'm OOS and submitted all my stuff on 9/7
Yeah I do but only on the first page of the app, the second page once you actually click on this year's application says received for VMCAS app + VMCAS LORs (you can see what I mean, someone kindly posted my reply to a question I made about this earlier in this thread). I still have no idea if that's okay or not lmao, though I have gotten the emails from them that everyone else here has gotten - so its probably fine if that's what you have too???

Does anyone know when we might hear back? They only have the 2022 applicant cycle online. I'm guessing we hear back in January? That's what it says for 2022.

Does anyone know when we might hear back? They only have the 2022 applicant cycle online. I'm guessing we hear back in January? That's what it says for 2022.
Hello! I got this email on November 5th.
CSU - REVIEWS ARE UNDERWAY​

Thank you for your application and your interest in our DVM Program. Reviews are underway! Please watch your email and your Application Status webpage for updates.

Our next communication will be mid-December and will explain our timeline for decisions.

Reminder: Interviews are cancelled and are no longer an admissions requirement.

Best Regards,
DVM Admissions Team

In 2018 my portal updated Dec 18th with my rejection letter so maybe around Dec 18 with be our communication again.

Hi! Current first year. Last year we received our interview invites on Dec. 20 and our final decisions on January 28.
With no interviews, I believe they are just planning on releasing decisions late Jan-early Feb again so I wouldn't worry too much yet!!

Hi! Current first year. Last year we received our interview invites on Dec. 20 and our final decisions on January 28.
With no interviews, I believe they are just planning on releasing decisions late Jan-early Feb again so I wouldn't worry too much yet!!
you're so sweet! Thank you so much for letting us know. I've been living on this website looking for updates.

I don’t know if this has been answered but how many OOS seats does CSU have. I thought I wrote it down but I guess I didn’t.

I don’t know if this has been answered but how many OOS seats does CSU have. I thought I wrote it down but I guess I didn’t.

I believe at around 51? I listened to a podcast with someone from their admissions staff that said they will offer about 4 acceptances per one seat because of the high rate of students that decline for their in state or cheaper tuition at another school.

I believe at around 51? I listened to a podcast with someone from their admissions staff that said they will offer about 4 acceptances per one seat because of the high rate of students that decline for their in state or cheaper tuition at another school.

Thanks a lot!

According to the application portal, CSU will be sending out acceptances early-mid January!

Reactions: 8 users
Hey everyone, I just started a 5 year MBA/DVM program here at CSU so am a candidate for DVM in C/O 2025. If anyone has questions about CSU that I can help with feel free to post or PM and good luck to all of you!
Hi! I applied for the dual DVM-MPH program as well as the DVM. If you applied to both as well, did you hear back for the dual program first and how much sooner? I remember them saying if I got accepted into the dual program I'd be removed from consideration in the DVM only pool, which implies that they make decisions for the dual programs first.

Hi! I applied for the dual DVM-MPH program as well as the DVM. If you applied to both as well, did you hear back for the dual program first and how much sooner? I remember them saying if I got accepted into the dual program I'd be removed from consideration in the DVM only pool, which implies that they make decisions for the dual programs first.
I was accepted to the MBA/DVM program last cycle (and am now a student in the program). Based on what I know it appears all acceptances were sent out at the same time. So as a dual-degree applicant I believe you will hear at the same time as everyone else. So you could be accepted to the dual degree program or the DVM program, I don’t believe you will be notified that you were not accepted to the dual degree but are now in the running for the DVM program. That is behind the scenes stuff that we aren’t alerted to. Hope that makes sense.

Does anyone know if they accept Doane University's biochem? I haven't gotten a response yet from CSU and I'm nervous lol

Does anyone know if they accept Doane University's biochem? I haven't gotten a response yet from CSU and I'm nervous lol
What kind of response? I haven't heard anything from CSU either

The kind of response where they say if they accept the credit from biochemistry lol
You are encouraged to consult Transferology, an online database that lists course equivalencies for most Colorado institutions and a wide range of non-resident universities for which information is available. More details about transfer evaluation are on the Registrar’s Office website.

I found this on CSUs website

You are encouraged to consult Transferology, an online database that lists course equivalencies for most Colorado institutions and a wide range of non-resident universities for which information is available. More details about transfer evaluation are on the Registrar’s Office website.

I found this on CSUs website
It doesn't show up, :( oh well

Does anyone know when we will hear? The waiting is killing me

Last year people heard back like next Friday so hopefully then... I am also super over the wait it's so exhausting

With final decisions? I thought the email said mid December communication would just be a more detailed timeline.

With final decisions? I thought the email said mid December communication would just be a more detailed timeline.
They're doing it differently this year since we don't have interviews... on the 2024 CSU sdn thread OOS students got interview invites/rejections what would be next friday. I have no idea what this year will look like I'm just hoping they tell us soon

Last year, interview invites were sent out mid-December, interviews were January 19-20, and decisions were sent out a week after that. Since there will be no interviews this cycle, decisions will be sent out in January.

Screen Shot 2020-12-13 at 5.30.52 PM.png

My portal has said received since October? Is anyone else's like this?

You guys probably won’t hear back until January. I spoke with one of the vets that read through 290 apps (her and another vet). Each pair of applicant reviewers finished their rankings and submitted the lists to the next level of decision makers.
I know the wait sucks, I was there too last year. Enjoy time with your friends/family if you can.
Good luck to everyone applying. Maybe I’ll see you next year.

Reactions: 7 users
Got the following email this morning :

CSU - decision timeline​
Hello,

Thank you for your interest in our DVM program. We will be releasing decisions early-mid January. All decisions will be released at that time. Candidates will receive a notification of an update via your Application Status webpage and via email.

Reminder: Interviews are cancelled and are no longer an admissions requirement.

Fall/Spring Transcripts: Only candidates that are designated as an offer/alternate status will be required to upload a PDF copy of an official transcript (if you were enrolled in fall 2020/spring 2021 courses) to your Application Status webpage before February 1/July 15. If you attended CSU fall 2020/spring 2021, we will upload your CSU transcript on your behalf.

Best Regards,
DVM Admissions Operations

Reactions: 8 users
I spoke with someone from DVM admissions about this exact thing a few months ago...unfortunately they do not accept it bc Doane does not require an ochem prereq.

I spoke with someone from DVM admissions about this exact thing a few months ago...unfortunately they do not accept it bc Doane does not require an ochem prereq.
Even if you’ve already taken ochem 2?

Even if you’ve already taken ochem 2?
It's probably more about the content of the class, a biochem that has ochem as a prereq. is probably much more involved and has more complicated content than one that doesn't

i was gonna say ^ i took Physics 1 through Doane and they said they would accept it so I know the institution is credible to them

It's probably more about the content of the class, a biochem that has ochem as a prereq. is probably much more involved and has more complicated content than one that doesn't
This is accurate. The issue is not Doane Open Learning Academy itself, but the fact that the course description does not state that it is REQUIRED to have an ochem prereq.

So I just saw a comment on a post on the APVMA Facebook page saying they received around 3500 applications this year... does anyone know how accurate that is because that seems incredibly high!

• Wow
Reactions: 4 users