Nov 27, 2015
Texas
Status
  1. Pre-Veterinary
Yes! And if you're under 24, you'll probably need your parent's returns.
Yea nope, I'm 28 and married.

So I'm currently full-time employed, and so is my husband. During vet school, I wont be working my full time job. So how do you adjust for this on FAFSA if you are filling out based on last year's taxes?

About the Ads
Nov 27, 2015
Texas
Status
  1. Pre-Veterinary
Yeah... they base it off of your income from your taxes that year even though you may not be making that same amount of income unfortunately.
ugh yea that's annoying. Because I don't plan on working in vet school, except for maybe occasionally pet sitting and dog walking. So the main source of income will be my husband's job, plus money we have saved up. But we already know that moving out of state will be expensive (not to mention tuition and living costs.

What is cost of living like in Fort Collins?

Nov 27, 2015
Texas
Status
  1. Pre-Veterinary
So I noticed that if you are independent you aren't required to put the information based on your parents' income/taxes. However, it says if you are a professional student, it says you should. Any one know why this is the case? And how many of y'all older students will be supplying this info?

Reactions: nccope
Dec 13, 2018
So I noticed that if you are independent you aren't required to put the information based on your parents' income/taxes. However, it says if you are a professional student, it says you should. Any one know why this is the case? And how many of y'all older students will be supplying this info?
From what I’ve read, there are schools that have like Health Professions Scholarships that— for whatever reason— require parental information to get the scholarship. I’m not sure all the school’s that have a scholarship like this, but I’m pretty sure Ohio State does. From what I’ve read, as long as you are independent, it won’t hurt to add your parent’s tax information and could benefit you for hidden scholarships and the like.

Not as old as some of you geezers— I kid I kid ; )— but I’m 24/25 and just got married, but I added my parent’s information regardless.

Nov 19, 2020
Status
  1. Pre-Veterinary
I don't supply any parent info, And put 0 in my EFC column, I make like 12K/yr working part-time right now and I get full aid. Although I'm planning on doing the Army's HPSP program since I'm a Veteran already it should be easy and you get like 3K/month or something plus full tuition paid for school.

Nov 19, 2020
Status
  1. Pre-Veterinary
There are several 30 year olds in the class of ‘24, as well as some in their 40’s and even 50’s (if I’m not mistaken). The classes are a nice mix of 22/23 year olds right out of undergrad and older non traditional students.
I really hope I get an acceptance letter from CSU. I live in North Carolina and CSU is my choice over NCSU and I LOVEEE my Wolfpack!

Sep 29, 2020
Status
  1. Pre-Veterinary
Anyone else still have their app say "submitted"?? i'm OOS and submitted all my stuff on 9/7
Yeah I do but only on the first page of the app, the second page once you actually click on this year's application says received for VMCAS app + VMCAS LORs (you can see what I mean, someone kindly posted my reply to a question I made about this earlier in this thread). I still have no idea if that's okay or not lmao, though I have gotten the emails from them that everyone else here has gotten - so its probably fine if that's what you have too???

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.
About the Ads