Colorado State C/O 2028

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

MintyMoose

tOSU CVM c/o 2028
Reaction score
Hi everyone, I didn't see a CSU 2028 chat and I figured since we only have about 2 months left for VMCAS we should start one! :)

Members don't see this ad.

Hi everyone! 2nd time OOS applicant here!

Members don't see this ad :)
Has anyone previously applied to the UAF/CSU program? If anyone can give me a bit more of information that would be great! I also don’t see that UAF is accredited by the AVMA.

Has anyone previously applied to the UAF/CSU program? If anyone can give me a bit more of information that would be great! I also don’t see that UAF is accredited by the AVMA.
I applied last cycle. So though UAF is not accredited itself, CSU sends up qualified veterinarians to teach courses. This is just like other schools that have similar agreements, such as SDSU (not accredited), Montana State (not accredited), UNL (not accredited), etc. UAF courses run parallel to regular CSU classes, so UAF and CSU goes over the same material at the same time and take exams during a similar timeframe if that makes sense. However, it is a very competitive program and usually admits <10 people per year with a strong preference for Alaskan locals as the purpose of the program was to give them an easier path to vet school.

Reactions: 1 user
I applied last cycle. So though UAF is not accredited itself, CSU sends up qualified veterinarians to teach courses. This is just like other schools that have similar agreements, such as SDSU (not accredited), Montana State (not accredited), UNL (not accredited), etc. UAF courses run parallel to regular CSU classes, so UAF and CSU goes over the same material at the same time and take exams during a similar timeframe if that makes sense. However, it is a very competitive program and usually admits <10 people per year with a strong preference for Alaskan locals as the purpose of the program was to give them an easier path to vet school.
Okok I understand now! Thank you so much for all the information!!

1st time OOS whoop whoop!

Funnily enough, my mother attended the University of Colorado when she was a nursing student, so it would be so awesome to have an in-house rivalry :D

Just wanted to pop on here and say good luck to everyone! I am a year 0 at CSU in the Vet Prep program getting an MS/DVM, class of 2028. If you ever have any questions about CSU, feel free to message me! :)

Members don't see this ad :)
So i just received an email that my application does not meet prerequisites when I'm pretty sure it does. Very nervous now.
They did say that my application is going to be further reviewed by the admissions committee. I responded to the email but now it seems like I'm basically writing off colorado as a possibility for this year :/ bummer.

I do have 1 or 2 courses planned that are prereqs, so maybe it's this? I would not have applied if I didn't have all the requirements :(

I also got that email. They said I didn’t fulfill the systems physiology course, and they weren’t going to do additional review. I thought I had an equivalent class so I’m not sure if I was supposed to get it approved as a course substitution because I’m out of state, but the description on the prerequisite guide was the same as the class I had taken. I’m so bummed. I emailed them back about it so I guess we’ll see.
It didn’t specify what course for me, but if i had to guess maybe it was that too? I took animal phys and we covered all body systems

It didn’t specify what course for me, but if i had to guess maybe it was that too? I took animal phys and we covered all body systems

disregard this… my brain inserted the NOT and i did indeed meet the requirements. *facepalm*

can you tell i’m stressed lol

I can't find one in any of my folders, is this an email that everyone got?

I can't find one in any of my folders, is this an email that everyone got?
I'm guessing they are starting to work through people's applications! I think everyone should be getting it eventually! (obviously barring any actual application issues!)

Lol yes I did too, thought it says I didn't either
Yeah I was definitely in panic mode when I read it because I honestly didn't anticipate an update so immediately my brain went to bad news

My status updated to both my VMCAS app and LORs showing received! :)

Reactions: 1 users
Same here! And I received the email that I met all the requirements!

I feel like the only person who has not gotten an email saying anything 🥲
Luckily, my LOR and VMCAS app are showing as received 😬

I haven’t gotten an email either and I check my spam folder constantly out of worry that things will go there

For science, people that didn’t get emails: Are y’all on the lower end GPA-wise? They do early review of sub 3.2 GPAs separately starting in October per their phased admissions timeline

I haven’t gotten an email either and I check my spam folder constantly out of worry that things will go there

For science, people that didn’t get emails: Are y’all on the lower end GPA-wise? They do early review of sub 3.2 GPAs separately starting in October per their phased admissions timeline

I have 3.0 cum 3.9 pre-req 3.5 science and I got the email early October

to those who got the email saying they did NOT meet the requirements and their app would not be further considered - did your portal change from red X's to green checks? TIA!

Hi friends! I am over a 3.6 GPA in every category and also have not received it yet. CSU received >4,000 applications last year, nearly double of any other vet school. They probably just haven’t gotten to us yet given that large pool. Take a breath & remember it will all be in the right timing. <3

Edit to add: my portal shows all things received (green check marks!)

Reactions: 1 users
Has anyone gotten an update from the UAF/CSU program? On the 29th last year some people received decisions so I was wondering if anyone heard anything!

Has anyone gotten an update from the UAF/CSU program? On the 29th last year some people received decisions so I was wondering if anyone heard anything!

I also applied but haven’t heard back !! I’ve been checking like every day since I know they released those decisions already by this time last year

I also applied but haven’t heard back !! I’ve been checking like every day since I know they released those decisions already by this time last year
I think last year they only released rejections in November?? Maybe I'm wrong but no news is good news I guess!

I also applied to the combined program and haven’t heard anything yet!

Any updates for those who have applied to any combined program? This is my first choice so I have been checking the portal daily!

Any updates for those who have applied to any combined program? This is my first choice so I have been checking the portal daily!
I contacted UAF and they said all decisions will be released by the end of January

From my understanding from some classmates whom I have spoken to who are in combined programs (except the UAF/CSU program I think), you will get a rejection letter from CSU first and then a couple of days following, an acceptance letter. It's a weird way to do it, but I know this is true for Vet Prep (which you can't apply for yourself anyways) and the MBA dual degree programs. I think it might also be true for the PhD program, but don't quote me on that. By that logic, I'm assuming that this is true for all dual degree programs except for the UAF one, but again, don't quote me on it!

Do we think this week is the week?

I think it’ll be next week Monday, seems like in the past they released decisions the first Monday of January that wasn’t a holiday

Rejected from the CSU/UAF program :/

• Care
Reactions: 2 users