Colorado State C/O 2028

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Where did you see that ? I was OOS denied but haven’t received a decision for the UAF program.
It just all of a sudden came up at the top after I kept refreshing like a mad man.

Members don't see this ad.

OOS alternate. How odd, I didn't expect that at all. I also got no email, just started refreshing the page.

• Care
Reactions: 3 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Do we know anything about this alternate list / how it moves??
I don't, I was looking through past forums because I really have no idea what the odds are. Still going to count it as a huge win regardless!

Reactions: 1 users
I don't, I was looking through past forums because I really have no idea what the odds are. Still going to count it as a huge win regardless!
also trying to figure this out but at this point i'll take what i can get!

Reactions: 1 user
I’m guessing Vet Prep decisions would have been released at the same time? I seem to remember seeing somewhere that those went out after denials but the wording on the letter seemed pretty final

also trying to figure this out but at this point i'll take what i can get!
The normal OOS waitlist I think moves pretty decently! :) Most OOS waitlists do for the most part so I'd definitely take this as a win!!!
I’m guessing Vet Prep decisions would have been released at the same time? I seem to remember seeing somewhere that those went out after denials but the wording on the letter seemed pretty final
Last year it looks like people got denied and then were randomly offered vet prep like a week or two later.

Oos denied, not surprised but still sad

• Care
OOS acceptance was not expecting this at all over the moon!

Reactions: 9 users
The normal OOS waitlist I think moves pretty decently! :) Most OOS waitlists do for the most part so I'd definitely take this as a win!!!

Last year it looks like people got denied and then were randomly offered vet prep like a week or two later.
I know someone from my undergrad who was an alternate for UAF and ultimately accepted in April once seats were declined. I’m not sure how many people they put on the waitlist tho vs offers.. Ik the program is small

Members don't see this ad :)
Same! Where are yall seeing the update?
Like right at the top, it like pops up and is highlighted. If it's not there they're probably still working through sending out the messages!!

Last year I got my VP decision the day after my rejection to the regular pool of applicants. They have to reject you first and then send the acceptance. There are 10 seats for VP each year.

For anyone who is accepted to Vet Prep this year, feel free to message me about it. There is a lot to know and all of us in the current year and previous Vet Preppers are very eager to help ya'll. :) Congrats to everyone who has been accepted to the DVM program, can't wait to be classmates!

oos alternate! does anyone know how many people they usually waitlist?

OOS ACCEPTANCE I AM LITERALLY BAWLING MY EYES OUT!!!! WITH MY LOWER THAN AVERAGE GPA I CANT BELIEVE THEY TOOK A CHANCE ON ME 😭😭🥳🥳

• Care
Reactions: 13 users
Last year I got my VP decision the day after my rejection to the regular pool of applicants. They have to reject you first and then send the acceptance. There are 10 seats for VP each year.
Thank you! I know it’s an exceedingly slim chance but the Vet Prep program was most of what inspired the sliver of hope that possessed me to apply in the first place 😂

OOS acceptance!!! I was not expecting this at all it's my first acceptance to vet school I am over the moon!!!

• Care
Reactions: 5 users
OOS ACCEPTANCE I AM LITERALLY BAWLING MY EYES OUT!!!! WITH MY LOWER THAN AVERAGE GPA I CANT BELIEVE THEY TOOK A CHANCE ON ME 😭😭🥳🥳
Holy cannoli congratulations!! I've been following your progress because your GPA is similar to mine.

OOS Alternate!! Taking this as a win!

Reactions: 3 users
Nonsponsored alternate which I’m assuming means OOS??? I’m hysterically crying i can’t believe it 🥹🥹 does anyone know how it moves? On mine it says after April 15th?

• Care
Like right at the top, it like pops up and is highlighted. If it's not there they're probably still working through sending out the messages!!

Did you need to click on a link? Or was the descision written in the application status page?

This is where it would be located is under the status update tab and if you applied for a combined program it would show up overtop of that:

Screen Shot 2024-01-03 at 7.12.33 PM.png