Colorado State C/O 2028

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Oh my goodness how are they screwing over multiple people like this?? I’m really just in limbo here
I called them yesterday and the admissions person I spoke to said they have had a lot of applicants with this issue this year but they would try to get someone to call me back...

Members don't see this ad.

I finally got a response and they said they emailed me in October saying I didn’t meet the physiology requirement… had they actually sent the email to me, maybe I would’ve had the chance to explain why my classes met that requirement. Checked trash and spam, never received it.

I got a call stating congrats on my acceptance but my portal hasn’t been updated? Does anyone know anything about this

Members don't see this ad :)
For the few that still haven’t heard…they answered my email today and told me apparently I didn’t fulfill one of the requirements and was never told. Hopefully this isn’t true for the rest of you, but I figured I would share.
Same thing happened to me. They said “Students who did not meet our prerequisite requirements will not see a status update in their portal.”
…I feel like the portal should be updated??? I can’t believe this has happened to numerous applicants.

Same thing happened to me. They said “Students who did not meet our prerequisite requirements will not see a status update in their portal.”
…I feel like the portal should be updated??? I can’t believe this has happened to numerous applicants.
Yeah one of my best friends had a similar issue and when she called them they said the same thing and said she should have double checked her email.

I didn't get to catch all of the virtual admitted student day unfortunately. Does anyone know what the exam schedule is like, or what the day to day looks like at CSU? Also, only fourth year is pass/fail, right?

I didn't get to catch all of the virtual admitted student day unfortunately. Does anyone know what the exam schedule is like, or what the day to day looks like at CSU? Also, only fourth year is pass/fail, right?
Hi, current first year! I can tell you exams first semester came out to roughly 1 test/week with final exams each having their own day during finals weeks. 2nd semester it averages 1-2 tests/week. 4th year is pass/fail as of right now.

Reactions: 1 users
Hi, current first year! I can tell you exams first semester came out to roughly 1 test/week with final exams each having their own day during finals weeks. 2nd semester it averages 1-2 tests/week. 4th year is pass/fail as of right now.
Thank you for this info! Is it roughly 1 test per week per class, or just 1 test per week?

Reactions: 1 user
Hi everyone! I'm going to be visiting CSU this weekend. Was wondering if anyone had any recs for day activities, night life, and food? Thank you!
I was also wondering if anyone could speak about the competitive environment of CSU? I've heard from students from other schools that CSU has a very competitive environment that can lean into toxicity. Is it competitive or more collaborative?

Hi everyone! I'm going to be visiting CSU this weekend. Was wondering if anyone had any recs for day activities, night life, and food? Thank you!
I was also wondering if anyone could speak about the competitive environment of CSU? I've heard from students from other schools that CSU has a very competitive environment that can lean into toxicity. Is it competitive or more collaborative?
I’ve heard from students that their ranking system can make the environment a little tense but I think it’s more like internal self competition bc u know ur ranking in the class vs like competing with others but idk

Hello, current Year 0 MS/DVM student. I moved here from a very lively city (Miami), I've lived in very diverse and fun cities my whole life (NYC, Orlando, Miami), so don't expect any kind of actual fun nightlife or good food out here. It's about finding your favorite spots but accepting that this is not the place for that... lol. This place is all about the outdoors and as long as you don't mind the cold (I do very much hate it lol), the outdoors will be your "nightlife" lol. Loveland has better nightlife than Fort Collins imo, since the amount of young college students at the bars turns me off personally as an older student, and as someone who hates beer.
Personally, I want to be collaborative with my peers and I have this with the VetPrep cohort who adopted me since my program follows theirs very closely. I would hope all of us starting in the fall would wanna help each other succeed!

Members don't see this ad :)
random side note that now has me panicked what does "prov rqmt" mean on my portal.... i fulfilled all of the prerequisites so now I am scared

random side note that now has me panicked what does "prov rqmt" mean on my portal.... i fulfilled all of the prerequisites so now I am scared
That means one of the pre-reqs isn't completed. I have this as well since I haven't finished the cellular bio requirement. However, you have until mid-July to complete what course(s) you need to take. Reach out to them ASAP as this may either be an error on their part or they may just not accept one of your pre-req courses.

That means one of the pre-reqs isn't completed. I have this as well since I haven't finished the cellular bio requirement. However, you have until mid-July to complete what course(s) you need to take. Reach out to them ASAP as this may either be an error on their part or they may just not accept one of your pre-req courses.
I emailed immediately yesterday when I saw it! I have all of their prerequisites so I’m very confused hopefully they respond as I’ve seen they’ve been a bit unorganized this year I’m getting back to people

I emailed immediately yesterday when I saw it! I have all of their prerequisites so I’m very confused hopefully they respond as I’ve seen they’ve been a bit unorganized this year I’m getting back to people
I have the same thing and they said it’s just cuz they haven’t gotten through looking at all the transcripts yet( the fall transcripts I think)

I have the same thing and they said it’s just cuz they haven’t gotten through looking at all the transcripts yet( the fall transcripts I think)
Phew thank you! I did take my last course in the fall so I assume that is it!

I’ve heard from students that their ranking system can make the environment a little tense but I think it’s more like internal self competition bc u know ur ranking in the class vs like competing with others but idk
The only way to know your ranking here is to ask. They don't want a competitive culture so they keep it private. I'm a year 0 currently and have asked about that and that is what I've been told.

• Love
I’m waitlisted but I received a financial aid email this morning saying they received it and will be sending out packages to those admitted soon. Anyone else get the same thing??

Declined my seat OOS last night! I hope someone gets a call today ❤️

Last edited:
  • Care
Reactions: 2 users
Good luck everyone may the waitlist forces at work be with us 🤞🏼

Just got accepted off the OOS waitlist, but will be declining my seat. Good luck everyone!!

• Care
Reactions: 4 users
Just go pulled off the UAF waitlist this morning! Ill wait until tomorrow to see if a standard CSU seat opens up, but otherwise will be accepting it.

Just go pulled off the UAF waitlist this morning! Ill wait until tomorrow to see if a standard CSU seat opens up, but otherwise will be accepting it.
From my understanding an offer to UAF supersedes any offers to the regular 4 yr program at CSU so I don’t think you would be given both (that’s what it seems they have said in the past)

From my understanding an offer to UAF supersedes any offers to the regular 4 yr program at CSU so I don’t think you would be given both (that’s what it seems they have said in the past)
I'm not sure that's the case. From my admissions portal: "If you have already received an offer of admission via the regular process, you may now reconsider and accept the offer to the UAF/CSU program or continue as a regularly admitted student."
Not super cut and dry either way

late to this party, but I was offered an OOS seat on April 16th, I immediately accepted!
Are there any CSU students that will be looking for housing? I’m considering renting a house and getting a roommate so that my dogs can enjoy a backyard. I have two doggos, so preferably roommates with someone who doesn’t have their own dog (only because it would be difficult to find a home to rent).
Wishing everyone the best of luck this cycle if they haven’t heard anything yet!

Hey all, I got accepted off the waitlist for the UAF/CSU program but I already committed to UMN! It was a tough decision for sure!! However, I just sent in my denial! Best of luck to the next person on the waitlist!! 💙

Reactions: 2 users
Is the waitlist for the UAF/CSU program separate from the others ? Like the OOS and IS?
Yes, this is considered one of the other programs, like in category with the dual degree programs sort of. I was alerted of my being placed on the alternate list for the UAF/CSU list at the same time I found out I was denied for the normal 4 year CSU program. So this waitlist is completely separate from the other CSU 4 year program!

Hi all! Considering accepting my seat but I’m looking at the portal and is there no deposit fee that needs to be put down?? It just says accept or deny? Is this correct?