Columbia College of Dental Medicine Class of 2025 Interview/Acceptance Thread

Can someone please confirm that this is the tuition chart for this year? Also, does the interest start when you start taking the loans or accumulate after graduation? Thanks!

Screen Shot 2021-02-05 at 9.24.01 AM (1).jpg

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Yes and yes. Interest typically fluctuates between 5-6 percent. So that's an additional 5-6k a year (also is compound interest). Then you have to add cost of living and the additional interest with that.

I was informed via email that I am waitlisted from CDM at 12:45 am today.
My status changed in the adea portal as well.
Interview Day: 1/22

May I know if there is a large pool in the waitlist? Good luck for everyone whose also on the list!

I was informed via email that I am waitlisted from CDM at 12:45 am today.
My status changed in the adea portal as well.
Interview Day: 1/22

May I know if there is a large pool in the waitlist? Good luck for everyone whose also on the list!
Got notified to be in waitlist too on the same time

To those of you who submitted a deposit, did you receive any confirmation and how long did it take for your AADSAS status to change?

don’t know if it would be annoying to them to call about it because my deposit was just delivered on Friday.

To those of you who submitted a deposit, did you receive any confirmation and how long did it take for your AADSAS status to change?

don’t know if it would be annoying to them to call about it because my deposit was just delivered on Friday.
I submitted my deposit back in dec but I got a confirmation email ~2 weeks after it was received. They sent out an email saying not to worry and they'll reach out to you as soon as they process your deposit so I would just sit tight for a bit :)

Has anyone been accepted off the waitlist?

Hey Guys! I have a quick question. Is the interview for this college open file or closed-file? Thanks so much!

Members don't see this ad :)
Hey! I had another quick question. Do we interview with a faculty member or someone from admissions? Thanks so much! :)
It's with someone from admissions. Some may be faculty and others may be alumni or past faculty (I know some interviewers were).

I’ve emailed them a few times to ask about my letters but they never responded. I also tried calling and leaving voicemails but never got a response.

Does anybody know the specifics of CDM’s math requirement? What constitutes “college-level” math?

Has anyone heard anything after Columbia received your deposit? I am eager to meet other people in the CDM Class of 2025!!
Same questions! I have received an email saying that my deposit has arrived, but nothing more than that.

Just got an interview invite for Friday

Reactions: 3 users
Update: Columbia’s interview day and interview were fantastic. Was very on the border of which school to attend but if I get accepted I’d come here. Such a nice program

Reactions: 1 users
Do they send out rejections? Or do they just ghost you?
CDM is a master of ghosting. They may have invented the phrase "ghosting" haha 😂. A good analogy for CDM would be like a person who ghosts everyone after the first date cause they think they are the best commodity out there 😝

I believe they mentioned we were the last interview group to those who were wondering. They joked about “messing things up on the last day” when there was a slight audio problem

I believe they mentioned we were the last interview group to those who were wondering. They joked about “messing things up on the last day” when there was a slight audio problem
When was your interview?

CDM is a master of ghosting. They may have invented the phrase "ghosting" haha 😂. A good analogy for CDM would be like a person who ghosts everyone after the first date cause they think they are the best commodity out there 😝
Unfortunately they are 😩

Last edited:
Any idea when Columbia will release the next round of decisions for Feb interviews?

Any idea when Columbia will release the next round of decisions for Feb interviews?
I assume March 1st because schools love neat dates and it’s a Monday

I submitted my deposit back in dec but I got a confirmation email ~2 weeks after it was received. They sent out an email saying not to worry and they'll reach out to you as soon as they process your deposit so I would just sit tight for a bit :)
I also submitted my deposit back in December but I never got a confirmation email... I contacted them multiple times but never got a response :( I did see that they deposited my check though. Should I be worried?

I also submitted my deposit back in December but I never got a confirmation email... I contacted them multiple times but never got a response :( I did see that they deposited my check though. Should I be worried?
If your aadsas portal says offer accepted then you’re good

My index finger has developed 6-pack abs from refreshing sdn and my email

• Haha
Reactions: 3 users
Received email today for accepted students with various info. Facebook page, uni email, financial aid, etc.

Last edited:
Anyone from the Feb interview group hear anything or have we been ghosted? Sorry for asking so much haha. I'd thought they would get back to us sooner.

Is there a second deposit? I saw one on the ADEA explorer but haven't seen any info from Columbia about it

The email from Ms. DeLeon for accepted students says we are supposed to hold off on creating any Columbia email account. Does anyone know if that means we shouldn't activate our UNI (University Identifier) yet? Thanks!

Anyone from the February Interviews hear anything yet?

Got off the waitlist today, interviewed in September lol

Reactions: 1 users