Columbia College of Dental Medicine Class of 2025 Interview/Acceptance Thread

Members don't see this ad :)
Feb Interview here. They sent out alternate list forms this morning as the email mentioned class seems to be full. Is there a difference between waitlist and alternate list? Thanks!

Feb Interview here. They sent out alternate list forms this morning as the email mentioned class seems to be full. Is there a difference between waitlist and alternate list? Thanks!
Also, generally asking, approx. how many people do you think are on the waitlist considering this is the list goes back till December decisions?

I also interviewed in Feb and was placed on the alternate list. It seems like the alternate list is the same as the waitlist. At the end of the interview, they mentioned that they moved through the alternate list quickly, and they liked letter of intents.
What do you think they meant by moving through the alternate list quickly?

Did anyone get an email from Columbia requiring that they send in a second deposit? Is this normal? I thought one would be enough...

Did anyone get an email from Columbia requiring that they send in a second deposit? Is this normal? I thought one would be enough...
Two deposits is normal. Basically to make sure you're still really interested in going there. Seems many schools are starting to move through their waitlists at this time.

And FYI, your deposits are counted towards your tuition.

Reactions: 1 user
The email from Ms. DeLeon for accepted students says we are supposed to hold off on creating any Columbia email account. Does anyone know if that means we shouldn't activate our UNI (University Identifier) yet? Thanks!
I activated my UNI but still haven’t received any info on creating a CUMC email yet

withdrawing my seat, really wish the school offered substantial scholarships like Penn but oh well.

• Wow
Sent a letter of intent 3 days ago and just got a call today ACCEPTED OFF THE WAITLIST!!!!

Reactions: 2 users
Anyone else get off the waitlist recently?
On a similar note, does anyone know if the class is full? Also, generally asking for across all schools, are people still allowed to hold multiple offers of admission? I thought the deadline for that had long passed on April 1st.
-Thanks!