Columbia College of Dental Medicine Class of 2025 Interview/Acceptance Thread

artist2022

DDS 🦷🎓✔
Administrator
Volunteer Staff
7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Good luck everyone!

Link to last years thread: ***The Official Columbia College of Dental Medicine Class of 2024 Interview/Acceptance Thread***

Link to interview prep: Columbia Presbyterian Medical Center School of Dental and Oral Surgery Interview Feedback
----> Be sure to give feedback on your interview to help future applicants! :)

Members don't see this ad.

Did anybody get any sort of email confirmation after submitting and paying supplemental fee?

Did anybody get any sort of email confirmation after submitting and paying supplemental fee?

I got a PayPal confirmation email right after paying the supplemental fee and an application complete email about two weeks after that

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
I got a PayPal confirmation email right after paying the supplemental fee and an application complete email about two weeks after that

thank you! I received the PayPal confirmation but not the app complete. It hasn't been 2 weeks yet so makes sense!

Did anyone else have to have a professor specifically mail Columbia their 3rd recommendation letter? If so, do we get confirmation when they are received? The admissions office has been impossible to reach...

Did anyone else have to have a professor specifically mail Columbia their 3rd recommendation letter? If so, do we get confirmation when they are received? The admissions office has been impossible to reach...
My science professor's letter was sent to Columbia through Interfolio and I haven't heard anything from them. I'm just going to give it a few weeks and hope for the best.

My science professor's letter was sent to Columbia through Interfolio and I haven't heard anything from them. I'm just going to give it a few weeks and hope for the best.
Hey, I have to send them my third recommendation letter through interfolio too, did you send it to the email provided on AADSAS? [email protected]

Hey Columbia is the only school that hasn't sent me an email to pay the supplemental fee, and it's been a few weeks since the other schools have sent them out. Do I need to wait for an email to pay the fee or do I just go on their website and do it?

Hey Columbia is the only school that hasn't sent me an email to pay the supplemental fee, and it's been a few weeks since the other schools have sent them out. Do I need to wait for an email to pay the fee or do I just go on their website and do it?
You have to go to their website to pay the fee. There’s no supplemental application for Columbia, just their supplemental fee.

Has anyone else who applied still have their decision status on ADEA AADSAS as None? This is the only school I have that for.

Has anyone else who applied still have their decision status on ADEA AADSAS as None? This is the only school I have that for.

Mine says under review and the last email I got was 7/1 saying my app is under review but also stated that I should not contact them.

Members don't see this ad :)
Also invited to interview! Can anyone give some advice on what to expect in the interview?

Thanks in advance!

Reactions: 1 users
Received an interview today! Application was submitted on June 16th and officially complete on July 19th. I am an in-state student :)

Is scheduling an earlier interview necessarily better? Like are all pre-December dates pretty much the same?

Received an interview invite this morning! I'm instate. GPA: 3.73, SCI GPA: 3.75, DAT: 24 AA/TS.

Does anyone know how many people are invited to interview each year?

Has anyone been able to contact Columbia in any way? I have a problem with my application I need to let them know about. They haven't answered my emails and I try to call every day and can't get anyone on the phone.

Hey guys, just jumping in to let you guys know that I got accepted to CDM in early July this past cycle. That's a month before the start of classes. So just remember that this is a long cycle, remember to keep your heads up, and God is good! Best of luck to you all!

Reactions: 4 users
Hey guys, just jumping in to let you guys know that I got accepted to CDM in early July this past cycle. That's a month before the start of classes. So just remember that this is a long cycle, remember to keep your heads up, and God is good! Best of luck to you all!
Wow. That is really a long cycle for you. Congrats! Good to know that. Did you get a chance to know why your acceptance was late.

Not exactly sure, the application cycle is a very weird process. But I made it clear that I was very interested by keeping in contact.

Not exactly sure, the application cycle is a very weird process. But I made it clear that I was very interested by keeping in contact.
How early and often did you express your interest? Would it better to contact them after Dec if I don’t get an invite? Thanks!

How early and often did you express your interest? Would it better to contact them after Dec if I don’t get an invite? Thanks!
I was contacting them at least once a month with updates to my application. To be totally honest, I don’t know if its extremely necessary this early but definitely as the cycle goes on. It wouldn't hurt though.

anyone else receive an email saying Columbia got secondary fee even though you paid weeks ago? Does this mean they are just looking at my app now?

I think everyone who applied (invited or not) is just now receiving supplemental fee confirmation.

Hi, are there any current Columbia dental students here who are willing to speak with me? Thanks!

does anyone know how long their interviews last? I got a date but never received a time frame

For those of you that received an interview invite what does your status say on AADSAS?

Does it say: ”Invited for Interview” or “Received/Application Complete"?

thanks in advance!!

For those of you that received an interview invite what does your status say on AADSAS?

Does it say: ”Invited for Interview” or “Received/Application Complete"?

thanks in advance!!
Mine changed to “invited for interview”

Hi all,
I just got my interview invite set for December 4. My stats are ( 26 AA, 26 TS, 20 PAT) and 3.68 gpa/3.70 sGPA. I was wondering how the interview format would be this year. If anyone has completed the interview, please share your experience.

Thank You

Hi all,
I just got my interview invite set for December 4. My stats are ( 26 AA, 26 TS, 20 PAT) and 3.68 gpa/3.70 sGPA. I was wondering how the interview format would be this year. If anyone has completed the interview, please share your experience.

Thank You
Congrats!! Was December 4th the earliest interview date, and when was your app completed? Thanks in advance! :)

Hi all,

Thank You
Do you mind sharing when you received your interview as well? Thanks a lot!

Congrats!! Was December 4th the earliest interview date, and when was your app completed? Thanks in advance! :)
November 13 was the earliest date available and app was completed August 24

November 13 was the earliest date available and app was completed August 24

If they just got you and yours was completed in August, it could mean they are really behind. Does anyone know how this compares to last year? Are moving through the applications slower this year?

Hey there! Does anyone know what the interview format is like?

For interviews, when do they send you the zoom link/ information. I was scheduled for this Friday but still have not received any information regarding otherwise. Thank you!

For people who have interviewed already, was it a 1-1 style interview, also how many interviews were there? Thanks!!!! :)