This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

outdamnedspot

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
A thread for all who have committed to Columbia PH grad programs for the Fall 2018 semester!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users
Yay! Does anyone know what the chances of getting on campus housing are?

Yay! Does anyone know what the chances of getting on campus housing are?
Thanks for making the thread! From what I understood, if you are from the truth state area (CT/NY/NJ) or east coast, you have a lower priority of getting on campus housing. International students have first priority

Members don't see this ad :)
Thanks for creating the group!

I applied for housing and am waiting on what they offer me. I’m also looking to sublet and see what I can get there.

Reactions: 1 user
I live in NY so I know I will not get housing! So I will be looking for roommates/housing!

A thread for all who have committed to Columbia PH grad programs for the Fall 2018 semester!

Thank you for making this thread! I was accepted to the Epi department with the Sexuality, Sexual, and Reproductive Health certificate :)

I also applied for on campus housing but I've also been looking at apartments off campus just in case. Are there any neighborhoods anyone suggests looking into? Thanks and congrats to everyone!

Hope everyone is doing well! Just for reference, I applied for housing on 4/17 and live in Chicago. Haven't heard anything about housing thus far.

Hope everyone is doing well! Just for reference, I applied for housing on 4/17 and live in Chicago. Haven't heard anything about housing thus far.

I also applied for housing around that time and still waiting to hear back! Someone in the Columbia MSPH 2020 group emailed housing and they said they will send out placements in June! :D

How is everyone doing with their health requirements? I just got the first part of my TB test done today!

Hi guys! I asked this in the MHA thread but thought I'd ask it here too: are you doing anything to prepare for the fall? I am coming from a non-public health background and am hoping to get into consulting. I remember at the admitted students day someone saying that the consulting practicums place really early in the fall, so I'm trying to get ahead of the curve and learn some programs beforehand so I might have a chance. Anyone else?

Hi guys! I asked this in the MHA thread but thought I'd ask it here too: are you doing anything to prepare for the fall? I am coming from a non-public health background and am hoping to get into consulting. I remember at the admitted students day someone saying that the consulting practicums place really early in the fall, so I'm trying to get ahead of the curve and learn some programs beforehand so I might have a chance. Anyone else?

I was thinking about getting some reading in, but am not going to beat myself up if I don't. I figure there will be plenty of time to read and study when the term starts. This summer may be the end of me living in Chicago, and I am focusing on spending time with my friends, family, and enjoying my summer.

I was thinking about getting some reading in, but am not going to beat myself up if I don't. I figure there will be plenty of time to read and study when the term starts. This summer may be the end of me living in Chicago, and I am focusing on spending time with my friends, family, and enjoying my summer.

I think that's a great use of time too! The problem for me is that I have been in intense public health mode for almost two years between taking online classes, studying for the GRE and sending out all those applications that I feel like I should keep up this energy and be productive. The problem is I am not too sure what to be productive on!

Just got my housing decision. Waitlisted. #98

Hi guys!

Does anyone know if there's a FB group for accepted students?