Columbia University College of Dental Medicine Class of 2011 Official Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

harvarddent

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Let's make it official this time. Who's in for the ivy league in big apple?

Members don't see this ad.

I'm probably going to go if I can get offered acceptance... that's a big IF... I don't have your stats.

woohoo 500 posts lol

hope for acceptance on monday!!!

Members don't see this ad :)
Why is your order Columbia, Harvard, Penn? ie, what factors were you looking for?

Yeah, i was wondering about the same thing. Most people would have a hard time turning down Harvard. Also, is there anything in particular that you like about Columbia over Penn?

Penn's kinda pricey. He's already gone to Harvard. No need for another line on the resume to say Harvard. Thus, no need for that Harvard Hype.

because Columbia is the best dental school with the coolest and the sexiest dental students anywhere :thumbup:

because Columbia is the best dental school with the coolest and the sexiest dental students anywhere :thumbup:

i personally thought penn had hotter girls than columbia when i interviewed.
just my opinion.

haha

hey guys, fyi - dont freak out if you dont get anything on monday...last year i didnt hear from them till the 6th or 7th

Columbia acceptances are out! I got mine today 12/2! Apparently, it's a big envelope.

Members don't see this ad :)
Thank you! I live in NYC, so it got to my home quickly.

For those of you who received your acceptances, were you all from NY or do we have any out of staters (yes im slightly worried and impatient!:oops: )

For those of you who received your acceptances, were you all from NY or do we have any out of staters (yes im slightly worried and impatient!:oops: )

Out of state!
And according to predent.com, most are from out of state. Columbia is a private school that doesn't give preference on residency.

Put down my deposit a couple of days ago. See you guys this fall.

i'm officially going to CU. :D

i checked the website but i couldn't find anything...does anyone know when orientation and the first day of classes begin??

i'm officially going to CU. :D

i checked the website but i couldn't find anything...does anyone know when orientation and the first day of classes begin??

i thought you wanted to go to UW from what i've seen in reference to your posts? maybe I was wrong...anyway congrats on attending CU.

has anyone gotten a confirmation that they received your deposit and supplemental forms?

has anyone gotten a confirmation that they received your deposit and supplemental forms?

I was wondering the same
I sent them like 3 week ago and still havent gotten anything....
anyone heard back from them?

should we call them?

I was wondering the same
I sent them like 3 week ago and still havent gotten anything....
anyone heard back from them?

should we call them?

I called them and they confirmed they received it, they said they hadn't cashed it yet though. I asked them if they could let me know when they cashed it, but they said they wouldn't. I'd say to call and confirm they received it.

i haven't had any luck calling but they have a message to send an e-mail to [email protected] to check application status so i'll try that out. last time i got in touch with someone they said to call on wednesdays but it'll be past the deadline by then.

edit: i got in touch with them today. i'm in!

i thought you wanted to go to UW from what i've seen in reference to your posts? maybe I was wrong...anyway congrats on attending CU.

i'd like to go to uw because the tuition is low. but i just found out that i'm not considered a washington resident anymore (my dad lives there, but i live in maine) so the chances of me getting accepted are quite low. and CU is just such a wonderful school.
best to you. uw is great (and has such a nice price tag)!

let's keep this thread alive!

i'm going:D :cool: anyone know when we can expect housing info?

Did you guys notice that in the material they give you at Columbia during the interview there is information on exchange programs at other universities abroad? They're not just mission trips, I think. Does anyone know more about this???

I called them and asked. They said they send out the housing information in May.

Btw, they cashed out my check yesterday, too!!
I guess I am officially in the class of 2011, too! :D

Did you guys notice that in the material they give you at Columbia during the interview there is information on exchange programs at other universities abroad? They're not just mission trips, I think. Does anyone know more about this???

Yes, for the externship/exchange program, there are several choices:

1) Japan, Osaka Dental school
2) Israel
3) Turkey
4) London, Guys Hospital
5) Taiwan, National Taiwan University

You basically spend several weeks during the summer after the 1st year at the foreign institution of your choice to observe/learn and get a sense of what dentistry is like outside of the States. I think several students are selected per program (for ex, last year 4 students went to the one in Taiwan). There's also a funded research externship program at Amsterdam, and only 1 student will be selected to this program per year.

Thanks! That's great info. I don't know of many other schools (if any) that do that. It's always been a big regret of mine that I never studied abroad in undergrad. I hope I get to do it in d-school.

They still did not cashed my check...is it totally sure that it is 1,000...
Did u guys put more than that...like 1 more 0? :D

I called them and asked. They said they send out the housing information in May.

Btw, they cashed out my check yesterday, too!!
I guess I am officially in the class of 2011, too! :D

Thanks!

Let's make it official this time. Who's in for the ivy league in big apple?
I would appreciate it better if the order is this way: Columbia=Upenn>Harvard

hahaha...yeah ....that's too much bias from a Rev, but i'll live with it

I still love you folks going to Harvard. You'll be great Dentist....oh maybe not the best clinician right after your 4-yrs of dentistry.....

Rev Balls....Columbia or UPenn Dental Medicine