You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
General Admissions & OTCAS Columbia University MSOT- Fall 2017
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Just got an email that decisions are starting to go out next week. It said that there is no relationship between time and the decision you receive. They are looking at the applications on a rolling basis. Good luck everyone!
Just got an email that decisions are starting to go out next week. It said that there is no relationship between time and the decision you receive. They are looking at the applications on a rolling basis. Good luck everyone!
Just got this email as well said all decisions should be in by late April ugh I cannot wait for this waiting game to be over
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Late November. I'm assuming I didn't get a checklist because I had everything in on time.
Late November. I'm assuming I didn't get a checklist because I had everything in on time.
I think if you have all the requirements completed, then there is no point in them sending you a checklist. I think the checklist is just to show you/remind you of your outstanding requirements. I could definitely be wrong.
I got this as well. Fingers crossed!Just got an email that decisions are starting to go out next week. It said that there is no relationship between time and the decision you receive. They are looking at the applications on a rolling basis. Good luck everyone!
Did you see that where we are seeing "Application Status: Submitted"?I heard back from Columbia last year around the third week of march. On the application there was a link to a letter with the decision. Then they emailed me like first week of April saying my letter was ready, but it was ready before then.
Did you see that where we are seeing "Application Status: Submitted"?
No it's like a link at the bottom that shows up that decision made 3/25
Are you currently in Columbia's OT program? I heard they have a part time program as well. I am trying to do more research as to if part time would be more beneficial but cannot find anything onlineNo it's like a link at the bottom that shows up that decision made 3/25
No I'm not, I didn't get in last year. I have a friend that attends now, and I don't think they have a part time program from what I understand.Are you currently in Columbia's OT program? I heard they have a part time program as well. I am trying to do more research as to if part time would be more beneficial but cannot find anything online
Are you currently in Columbia's OT program? I heard they have a part time program as well. I am trying to do more research as to if part time would be more beneficial but cannot find anything online
They have a 3 year option as opposed to the 2 year (24 month) option, and that would have you complete the program at a slower pace, not sure if that would open up free time for research though cause I assume your schedule would still be pretty busy..
No I'm not, I didn't get in last year. I have a friend that attends now, and I don't think they have a part time program from what I understand.
Do you have any idea how many applications they usually receive? and do you know, from your friend that attends, the demographics of Columbia's cohort? How big the program is, are they mostly people coming from undergrad or people that have had work experience and go back to school??
soooooo, no one has heard back right??
F
FORUMGAL123
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
this is nerve wrecking
Just because we haven't heard back doesn't mean they didn't start sending out acceptances 😉
F
FORUMGAL123
Has anyone received an acceptance yet?
NopeHas anyone received an acceptance yet?
Decisions are up. I got in! 🙂 good luck to everyone!Nope
Congrats! Didn't receive anything as of nowI just received an email with a link to news of my acceptance!
those accepted when did u guys apply?
F
FORUMGAL123
For those who were accepted , what were your stats if you don't mind sharing?
I applied about a week before the deadline.those accepted when did u guys apply?
F
FORUMGAL123
Did Bussey email you guys? Also is the acceptance link on the application site?
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
November 28th so very close to the deadlinethose accepted when did u guys apply?
Did Bussey email you guys? Also is the acceptance link on the application site?
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
The email was just from the admissions committee. The link was posted at the bottom of the application's home page.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I did as well I'm thinking maybe they are releasing decisions in last name order?still haven't heard anything either.. I submitted my app 2 days before the deadline.
For those who were accepted , what were your stats if you don't mind sharing?
Psychology major and education minor
Gpa: 3.86 overall 3.9 prereq
40 observation hours
Worked as a TA for a statistics class
Worked at a summer camp for underprivileged girls interested in the sciences
Also various other extracurriculars
Just found out I was accepted! Anyone definitely going there?
yikes i applied there 11/28
I did as well I'm thinking maybe they are releasing decisions in last name order?
Hmm, idk cause my last name is early in the alphabet. So if thats the case I should hear this week or next week. I feel like it's randomized and they just want to stagger the decisions because tons of people probably contact them after seeing their admissions decision.
For those that were accepted, when do you have to notify them of your decision by??
Financial aid is due by march 30 but decisions I believe are not due till June 29th
I just got accepted yesterday! (was totally not expecting it.) For those of you who gave attended the program, could you give me a sense of how challenging you found the curriculum?
3.73 undergrad GPA, major: advertising. higher GPA with prerequs, but I have't calculated it in total.170
45 hours of shadowing and 170 volunteer hours in the rehab department of a hospital.
I also worked for six years in marketing for a publishing house in Minneapolis.
3.73 undergrad GPA, major: advertising. higher GPA with prerequs, but I have't calculated it in total.170
45 hours of shadowing and 170 volunteer hours in the rehab department of a hospital.
I also worked for six years in marketing for a publishing house in Minneapolis.
Did anyone on here apply to nyu too? If so, which one are you leaning more towards. I am trying to compare the programs online.
Did anyone on here apply to nyu too? If so, which one are you leaning more towards. I am trying to compare the programs online.
I applied to nyu as well but to their two tiered ms/otd program but was waitlisted
Financial aid is due by march 30 but decisions I believe are not due till June 29th
I received an email today saying that decisions are due April 1st...
I received an email today saying that decisions are due April 1st...
I just got this email too I mentioned June 29th because it was only date mentioned on all the forms they gave us
F
FORUMGAL123
GOT INTO COLUMBIA THIS MORNING!!!!!
Last edited by a moderator:
GOT INTO COLUMBIA THIS MORNING!!!!!
Congrats!! Do you think you're going to attend? also, do you mind posting your stats?
F
FORUMGAL123
Thank you! Im ELATED! I have an interview this week at Towson...I'm still greatly considering attending because of cost... however, I still need to see my financial aid package at CU.
Of course,
Pre-Req: 3.9
Overall GPA: 3.6 / Senior Yr: 3.9
VHours: Over 200 total (VA & some private hospital in CA. Also assisted in a group exercise class led by an OT professor at USC & Columbia alum)
Extra curricular: research assistant at USC/ disabled student volunteer at a community college.
Good luck! [emoji106]
Of course,
Pre-Req: 3.9
Overall GPA: 3.6 / Senior Yr: 3.9
VHours: Over 200 total (VA & some private hospital in CA. Also assisted in a group exercise class led by an OT professor at USC & Columbia alum)
Extra curricular: research assistant at USC/ disabled student volunteer at a community college.
Good luck! [emoji106]
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I got in too! But I would like some insight on how financial aid works. I would love to go here but it's just so costly. Anyone know how much financial aid they usually give?
How much is tuition and fees for the 2 years?GOT INTO COLUMBIA THIS MORNING!!!!!
When I went to their information session they said it was around 75,000 for 2 1/2 years or more if you want the pro-longed slower version of 3 years. You have to include living costs too in the city. I might be wrong though, hope that helps!
its 75 for one year
That's crazyits 75 for one year
Similar threads
- Replies
- 0
- Views
- 604
- Replies
- 0
- Views
- 316
- Replies
- 3
- Views
- 4K
- Replies
- 0
- Views
- 621
- Replies
- 6
- Views
- 2K
