Columbia?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

antiantidentite

15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Isn't it a little suspicious that a student in dental school would go onto a predental forum to bad mouth their school? In my opinion, I think this "animal" person didn't get into Columbia and is bitter or is waitlisted and trying to dissuade other people. Personally, I got accepted and I plan to go there. I liked the strong biomedical education, strong performance on part 1, and excellent facilities. I'm also excited about going to NY (even if it's in a bad area, I'm just a subway ride away). The students were really nice and seemed to enjoy it there. Of course they had some complaints, but I heard that from students at every dental school I interviewed at. And it may be a lot of money, but I was always told that you can always pay back a loan, but you can't always change your school. I wish everyone good luck and hope they make up their minds from their own personal experiences.

Members don't see this ad.

Hi,

The Animal happens to be my classmate at Columbia SDOS. I just want to make that clear to you and the rest of the people who read his message. Just like any other schools Columbia has its advantages and disadvantages, so it boils down to what best fits you. No one asks that you should listen to the Animal. You are entitled to make your own decisions as to where you want to go to school. I just hope that you do a little more research into the schools and talk to more students (not just the ones who showed up to have lunch with you on your interview day) about the schools. I suggest that you come and spend a day going to classes with me and the "Animal". We will be happy to show you around. You can be in a more relaxed state of mind to talk to my classmates and the profs.

You are investing close to 200 K in dental school, make sure that you will be happy with your purchase.

Originally posted by antiantidentite:
Isn't it a little suspicious that a student in dental school would go onto a predental forum to bad mouth their school? In my opinion, I think this "animal" person didn't get into Columbia and is bitter or is waitlisted and trying to dissuade other people. Personally, I got accepted and I plan to go there. I liked the strong biomedical education, strong performance on part 1, and excellent facilities. I'm also excited about going to NY (even if it's in a bad area, I'm just a subway ride away). The students were really nice and seemed to enjoy it there. Of course they had some complaints, but I heard that from students at every dental school I interviewed at. And it may be a lot of money, but I was always told that you can always pay back a loan, but you can't always change your school. I wish everyone good luck and hope they make up their minds from their own personal experiences.

Hi,

The Animal happens to be my classmate at Columbia SDOS. I just want to make that clear to you and the rest of the people who read his message. Just like any other schools Columbia has its advantages and disadvantages, so it boils down to what best fits you. No one asks that you should listen to the Animal. You are entitled to make your own decisions as to where you want to go to school. I just hope that you do a little more research into the schools and talk to more students (not just the ones who showed up to have lunch with you on your interview day) about the schools. I suggest that you come and spend a day going to classes with me and the "Animal". We will be happy to show you around. You can be in a more relaxed state of mind to talk to my classmates and the profs.

You are investing close to 200 K in dental school, make sure that you will be happy with your purchase.

Originally posted by antiantidentite:

Members don't see this ad :)
Ok, quit it about the animal.

I went to Columbia undergrad and even though I won't be headed back to NYC for dental school that doesn't mean that I didn't love it there. In fact I did love NYC and if you are the kind of person that can thrive in a very fast paced city with everything you need right at your fingertips then you'll love it too. I'm sorry that I can't make it back becuase so many brilliant friends of mine decided to stay there while I'll probably be at Michigan. It's ok though, you gotta find what you like. A little time here and a little time there can be a lot of fun while you are not ready to settle down. Enjoy NYC! It's fantastic!

makebuleeve where are you headed? just out of curiosity...

hopefully back home... :D

Makebuleeve, your friend is a looser!! 8===D