Columbia?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
OMG!!!! Congrats!!!! Go out and party!

*but first, let us know when it was mailed... hahaha*

:luck: :luck: :luck: :love: :D *Smiley overload!*

If he/she received it today, doesn't that mean it had to have been sent out yesterday?

Members don't see this ad.

Well there goes my weekend, agony over the mailbox and sitting at home waiting for the package :scared:

Members don't see this ad :)
AHHHHH

let the panicking begin... ;)

Congrats !!:thumbup:

And here they were telling us all they would go out today....

Hi
congratulation!
btw... just wondering if this is for MD or MD/PhD?

thanks! :)

I JUST GOT IT.

Well, I live in NYC and I just got a pretty big priority mail acceptance letter.

And just think, this is just the first one this month.... :eek:

if i get into columbia, everything else is just icing on the cake. i will be more than happy to go there.

if i dont get into columbia, im pretty sure that means i have absolutely no chance at penn.

so priority mail takes 2-3 days usually right? im scared to go to the mailbox now even though i know it shouldn't have arrived yet.

is there anyone else who got in today?

if i get into columbia, everything else is just icing on the cake. i will be more than happy to go there.

if i dont get into columbia, im pretty sure that means i have absolutely no chance at penn.

so priority mail takes 2-3 days usually right? im scared to go to the mailbox now even though i know it shouldn't have arrived yet.

Yeah, 2-3 days, although if you go to http://postcalc.usps.gov/ you should be able to plug in P&S's zip code and yours to get an estimate (that said, with the bad storm in NYC, don't freak out if it's late).

Members don't see this ad :)
I guess tomorrow should be *the* day of reckoning for those of us living in and around NYC.

*gulp*

I wish the next 24 hours would just fly by. :(

Can't. I gots to do lab work tomorrow and I'd rather not screw it up (again). :thumbdown:

Are you serious? I guess I'm not the only the ones who hates my Saturdays around here. So Who's gonna sign for your packet while youre in the lab?

Are you serious? I guess I'm not the only the ones who hates my Saturdays around here. So Who's gonna sign for your packet while youre in the lab?

Since when do you have to sign for priority mail? :confused:

Yeah... I don't think you have to sign for priority packages unless the sender requested a receipt of delivery. It seems they've just been stuffed in people's mailboxes like everything else.

No worries. :luck:

Since em... You're right, I confused it with Express. God, can't make even one mistake on SDN :mad:

I don't think NW meant it that way... I took it as an actual question in a, "Did they change something? WTF???" sorta way.

Then again, I could be totally wrong (it's been known to happen before). :rolleyes:

whoa, I go away from this thread for a few hours and it has exploded! Congrats OneDayDoc!!!

I like how our avatars are very muppets/puppets themed. Very childish. Very awesome. :thumbup:

Severus--have I mentioned how much I love your Harold and Kumar quote? The anticipation for Harold and Kumar II is nearly as bad as waiting for March decisions. :laugh:

Any idea how long it might take for a priority letter to get to California?

I like how our avatars are very muppets/puppets themed. Very childish. Very awesome. :thumbup:

Except for the fact that some very important men in business suits walked by my cubicle the other day and saw your Muppet on my screen. They gave me this funny look and walked away. VERY embarassing. Other than that, I appreciate the googly eyes too:)

Agreed! Maybe we're retreating to a child-like mental state as a result of the stress of this process? (though I may have always been there) :)

Agreed! Maybe we're retreating to a child-like mental state as a result of the stress of this process? (though I may have always been there) :)

Yeah...I'd change my icon to Gonzo, except I'm using the photo of Santorini to calm myself.

Clearly it's not working very well.

Severus--have I mentioned how much I love your Harold and Kumar quote? The anticipation for Harold and Kumar II is nearly as bad as waiting for March decisions. :laugh:

I absolutely adore that movie. I watched it with my dad over holiday break and he was laughing so hard. Great, great pre-med movie. I can't wait for the second. :thumbup:

Except for the fact that some very important men in business suits walked by my cubicle the other day and saw your Muppet on my screen. They gave me this funny look and walked away. VERY embarassing. Other than that, I appreciate the googly eyes too:)

Sorry about that. :oops: Just be glad it wasn't my Gunther avatar though. ;)

I never actually progressed past it, I think. It's just better that way. :D

i loooove harold and kumar! the cop that refers to neil patrick harris as nph. haha "no nph wouldn't do that". and that anti-pot commerical. and ryan reynolds! that's it, i am going to turn off my computer, pretend i've never heard of columbia or sdn, and go watch that right now.

i loooove harold and kumar! the cop that refers to neil patrick harris as nph. haha "no nph wouldn't do that". and that anti-pot commerical. and ryan reynolds! that's it, i am going to turn off my computer, pretend i've never heard of columbia or sdn, and go watch that right now.

Heh, I would too, except my friends and I have plans to watch it tomorrow night . :)

This is the same thing that happened last year. The mailings were sent out on friday, some people got in in nyc that day. The next day (saturday) people as far away as san deigo got it. Acceptances kept being received as late as the next tuesday even in nyc so dont be discouraged if you dont get anything tomorrow.

This is the same thing that happened last year. The mailings were sent out on friday, some people got in in nyc that day. The next day (saturday) people as far away as san deigo got it. Acceptances kept being received as late as the next tuesday even in nyc so dont be discouraged if you dont get anything tomorrow.

TUESDAY!!!?? ahahahdshfahdahdslfjaldrjah!

TUESDAY!!!?? ahahahdshfahdahdslfjaldrjah!

Here, have a cupcake....or five. It'll make it all better.

cupcake_2005.jpg

WHAT?! i thought only acceptances went out. wow i wasn't prepared for the possibility of getting a waitlist or rejection tomorrow.

This is intense, I'm going to go drink myself into tomorrow.

anyone have any word on these supposed full merit scholarships that towelie mentioned?

I'm in NYC and haven't received anything, damn it. I'm going to stalk my mailman tomorrow. I can't deal with waiting!!!!!

I sent them a love letter along with an updated transcript a while back.

Lol, I think love letter would be a correct way of describing what I sent them too. Just send them another hot burning passionate letter, but this time, hand deliver it to Frantz with a bunch of flowers.

Lol, I think love letter would be a correct way of describing what I sent them too. Just send them another hot burning passionate letter, but this time, hand deliver it to Frantz with a bunch of flowers.

Wow....overshare!

my thoughts exactly.

cptcrunch, if you don't mind my asking, have you already sent them a loi?

Did I screw myself by not sending some kind of a letter to Dean Frantz? I thought the LOI business was important if you got waitlisted... did all of you send letters of interest/intent at this point? It can't carry THAT much weight... can it? Hmm... well, too late now, here's to hoping for the best.

fotografía;4833832 said:
Did I screw myself by not sending some kind of a letter to Dean Frantz? I thought the LOI business was important if you got waitlisted... did all of you send letters of interest/intent at this point? It can't carry THAT much weight... can it? Hmm... well, too late now, here's to hoping for the best.

I'm with you, foto. I didn't send one either and now I'm nervous. Maybe for kicks, when people post their acceptances they can include whether they sent a letter to Dean Frantz. You know, for posterity and all that.