-
CycleTrack and SDN are teaming up to make medical school admissions more transparent and accessible! Read the announcement to learn how we’re supporting the future of CycleTrack’s free application-tracking tools .
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
Columbia
Started by dienekes88
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
So, I still don't have anything here in NYC... but I received a letter from San Jose, CA postmarked March 1st. This is odd. I would've received my rejection by now. I called the Columbia admissions office and they told me that they're still sending letters today. I walked over to the office and saw TWO USPS trucks and one DHL truck outside. I oh-so-slyly peeked into the admissions office and saw stacks of medium/large red-lined envelopes (they didn't look like priority mail envelopes...). Around the corner, I saw the USPS man picking up BUCKETS of thin envelopes. BUT! I also think that I saw a bucket of large envelopes! The envelope on top was addressed to Dr. Vincent something...
I have an sneaking suspicion that all of the letters sent out today are rejections. I don't want to call the admissions office again, lest they block my number (I've called SEVERAL times). Anyone want to call and ask if they're still sending out acceptances?
Has anyone reported a rejection? I know a few people have gotten waitlist letters...
So, I still don't have anything here in NYC... but I received a letter from San Jose, CA postmarked March 1st. This is odd. I would've received my rejection by now. I called the Columbia admissions office and they told me that they're still sending letters today. I walked over to the office and saw TWO USPS trucks and one DHL truck outside. I oh-so-slyly peeked into the admissions office and saw stacks of medium/large red-lined envelopes (they didn't look like priority mail envelopes...). Around the corner, I saw the USPS man picking up BUCKETS of thin envelopes. BUT! I also think that I saw a bucket of large envelopes! The envelope on top was addressed to Dr. Vincent something...
I have an sneaking suspicion that all of the letters sent out today are rejections. I don't want to call the admissions office again, lest they block my number (I've called SEVERAL times). Anyone want to call and ask if they're still sending out acceptances?
I called. They said everything is gone. perhaps you saw letters for other stuff.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Has anyone reported a rejection? I know a few people have gotten waitlist letters...
Maybe they sent out all the acceptances/waitlists on Friday and are sending the rejections today? I don't know. Good luck to everyone waiting

1
1956Goldtop
I received nothing today. I still have some hope for a large package to arrive tomorrow. We'll see we'll see.
1
1956Goldtop
Big packet = acceptance
Wow. Its 4pm and my mail STILL has not come. I really hate my mail person. Ever since we got a new one, the mail comes later and later each day...
Hang in there! And keep us posted. Good luck!
Waitlist for me today... Boston area... this hurt a lot 🙁
Baltimore County. Mail came, nothing in it. I must assume the worst.
It doesn't necessarily mean the worst! My mail came today in TN with no acceptance. Let's hang in there one more day.
....Did anyone in the South get the packet?...
It doesn't necessarily mean the worst! My mail came today in TN with no acceptance. Let's hang in there one more day.
....Did anyone in the South get the packet?...
Your stats make me think you've definitely got an acceptance on the way...so maybe priority mail is just a bit slower than I thought.
Gosh I just hope they put me out of my misery either way tomorrow. I've already eaten a whole bag of pizza rolls today. At this rate I'll have a coronary before I can even start school.
maybe priority mail is just a bit slower than I thought.
I checked the USPS website and entered the zip codes and I get 2 days for priority. For reference sake, I used large envelope and package, and went up from 5 to 20 lbs (which it certainly could not be), and went up to shipping at 9 p.m. They all read two days, but the website might possibly use two days no matter you choose for priority. Nonetheless, I tried a few combinations.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I checked the USPS website and entered the zip codes and I get 2 days for priority.
So do I but i got nothing today. Could be that I don't have a package but there must be someone on the west coast/southwest that has an acceptance package in the mail. So if nobody posts anything, I'm going to assume that for some reason, priority is actually 3 days from NYC to Western US.
My mailman hasn't even shown up to my building yet and it usually takes him at least an hour to get through stuffing all the boxes. I need to open a bottle of wine...
Holy crap! Thought I was rejected/waitlisted since I only live 30/40 min away from Columbia. The mail just came and I got my acceptance packet in the mail!! Yay! That's the last time I give up hope!
Congrats! Seems like priority mail is pretty slow. You've convinced me not to give up! But will you console me tomorrow when I get rejected?
"Now you can have delivery of documents and packages made in an average of 2 to 3 days."
I've definitely had priority mail take 5 days from my hometown to NY, so I'm hoping it's the same case the other way 😳
Congrats! Seems like priority mail is pretty slow. You've convinced me not to give up! But will you console me tomorrow when I get rejected?
Haha. Yes, I'll be there with chocolate chip cookies for you.
Wait.. is that cannibalism? 🙄
Good luck!!
Another west coast person (AZ) who did not hear anything today... seeing how no one from the west has posted hearing anything, I am going to try and keep my spirits high and hope that priority mail is going slow and that we still have a chance tomorrow!
Good luck everyone!!


Good luck everyone!!



Hey guys, I've been lurking and trying not to freak out too much these past few days. I live in Portland, OR, and the mailman (bless him!) brought a lovely acceptance packet for me today! Heck yeah.
So it looks like the acceptances should be reaching some areas on the West Coast today, but if you don't live in a big city maybe it'll take another day to get to you (?).
Keep the hope alive, West Coasters.
So it looks like the acceptances should be reaching some areas on the West Coast today, but if you don't live in a big city maybe it'll take another day to get to you (?).
Keep the hope alive, West Coasters.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
washington, d.c. - waitlist
did everyone (not accepted) get this letter stating "we find that your application falls in the category of being very highly ranked but we are unable at this time to offer you a place in the next class." with an envelope requesting a response?
just want to know how high i should keep my hopes.
did everyone (not accepted) get this letter stating "we find that your application falls in the category of being very highly ranked but we are unable at this time to offer you a place in the next class." with an envelope requesting a response?
just want to know how high i should keep my hopes.
Alright, I think I've officially lost hope. Damn.
Hi all! I am speaking on behalf of myself and three of my classmates in the Boston area: no news for any of us yet. It seems to me like there are a lot of us still in the same boat 🙂
Alright, I think I've officially lost hope. Damn.
don't lose hope! i remember one of the student tour guides at columbia said he received his acceptance (not from waitlist) after sdn people said that all initial acceptances were sent out and received, and he almost punched a hole in his computer screen (which is a good thing he didn't because i think he wants to be a surgeon...) anyways, i'm not jumping to conclusions until i have an actual letter, then it's okay to overdose on chocolate 🙂 good luck

Acceptance in Washington, DC!!! Columbia was a reeeeeeeeeeeaal long shot for me, so to all of those who haven't heard yet: don't lose hope!!!!
Acceptance packets have made it to Virginia!!!!
I got nothing today up in Boston... even though it seems like others have been getting both acceptances and waitlist letters up on the East coast already. I don't know what to think.... 🙁
I got priority mail that my mom sent from Miami on Saturday. I'm in New Haven. No mail either way from NYC (though I love how the USPS says that both priority and first class mail takes 2 days from NYC to New Haven). So who knows, maybe the postal service is just being dumb. Don't freak out just yet!
Rocky Mountain region-received a packet this afternoon.
Got the acceptance packet today in Seattle. Good luck to the rest of you still waiting!
Got the acceptance packet today in Seattle. Good luck to the rest of you still waiting!
Congrats Snips. I like your beaver, they're amazing little creatures.
Hi all! I am speaking on behalf of myself and three of my classmates in the Boston area: no news for any of us yet. It seems to me like there are a lot of us still in the same boat 🙂
Same here, also in Boston. My dorm's mail room is usually slow at processing incoming mail and it generally takes one day to go from their hands and into my mailbox, so I'm going to try and hold out until tomorrow.

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
socal..nothin.
Nothing here in Southern California today at my place either....As medical schools like to joke, California's biggest export is pre-meds....so the fact that no one has posted any mail from CA makes me believe that nothing good, or bad, has yet hit the golden state!
Time to wait 24 hours...again...sighhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
Good Luck to all you waiting as well and a hearty congrats to you folks already in. You deserve it!
Time to wait 24 hours...again...sighhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
Good Luck to all you waiting as well and a hearty congrats to you folks already in. You deserve it!
Nothing in Norcal either. Hope your theory's right 🙂 Congrats and good luck to everybody that hasn't heard.
Hey guys, I've been lurking and trying not to freak out too much these past few days. I live in Portland, OR, and the mailman (bless him!) brought a lovely acceptance packet for me today! Heck yeah.
So it looks like the acceptances should be reaching some areas on the West Coast today, but if you don't live in a big city maybe it'll take another day to get to you (?).
Keep the hope alive, West Coasters.
Sad that I live in Portland and didn't get anything.... damn it...
Similar threads
- Replies
- 1
- Views
- 905
