Come on People, Show Off your Acceptance LEtters!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ias2512

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Anyone wanting to post there acceptance letters to motivate the rest of us????????

Members don't see this ad.

ias2512 said:
Anyone wanting to post there acceptance letters to motivate the rest of us????????
Exactly HOW will that motivate anybody. the Official Acceptance thread is motivation enough (if u wanna call it that). :confused:

How about NOT. Do you really want to just depress more people, including myslef. That is just a dick move...GO to the acceptance tread, thats what it is there for.
ias2512 said:

Members don't see this ad :)
duh? said:
Exactly HOW will that motivate anybody. the Official Acceptance thread is motivation enough (if u wanna call it that). :confused:
Ya, and the only time the Official Acceptance thread motivates me is when someone that was only accepted to a school I want to go to gets in somewhere else.

Ok, never mind then...I thought mabey if some people saw what an acceptance letter looked like then it would mabey make people think.."one day i will get one of these." But apparently u bitter losers dont think that way. Man, are u guys that "low" to think that if you "see" an acceptance letter, it will depress u?

ias2512 said:
Ok, never mind then...I thought mabey if some people saw what an acceptance letter looked like then it would mabey make people think.."one day i will get one of these." But apparently u bitter losers dont think that way. Man, are u guys that "low" to think that if you "see" an acceptance letter, it will depress u?
Dude, you are a couple sanwitches short of a picnic. Seeing someone elses acceptence letter only means that there is one less slot open for us. I will be happy when I see one with my name on it and not someone elses. I'd rather be a "bitter loser" than an ignorant ****.

yeah it's sort of like eating a sandwich in front of a starving person.

ias2512 said:

I think you should post one, I haven't been accepted yet but I would like to see the letter. You should be proud of it and others should be proud of you. Good job. I'll post my letter if I get one. If people get depressed when they read these posts the should watch TV so we don't have to read about them whining.

ias2512 said:

I see your point and I understand that you have good intentions but you have to remember that we are dealing with so many types of people on this forum. Not everybody will be happy looking at 200 pages of acceptances knowing that with ever letter others add, their chances may get slimmer. I would not feel comfy RUBBING my acceptance into anybody face. The Acceptance thread should be sufficient for now.

duh? said:
I see your point and I understand that you have good intentions but you have to remember that we are dealing with so many types of people on this forum. Not everybody will be happy looking at 200 pages of acceptances knowing that with ever letter others add, their chances may get slimmer. I would not feel comfy RUBBING my acceptance into anybody face. The Acceptance thread should be sufficient for now.

Ohhhh shut up you UPENN snob :p :D

polarnut said:
yeah it's sort of like eating a sandwich in front of a starving person.

Yes, I agree. Or like taunting a kitten with a bowl of warm milk. Cruel...,

That aside - they are generally follow a formula:

Dear Applicant
It is our/my pleasure to inform you that you have been accepted to the class of (insert year here). Then there are some formalities and generally paragraph reminding you of the registration fees you need to pay and so on.

Generally they are on nice, cotton stock with full color school logos and everything. As an aside, I saved all of mine as I felt that I worked darn hard for each and everyone of them, even if I could only attend one school. :D

OK, ok. I see how u guys think. I am a freshman in college, so i dont have to worry about people taking me spot, unlike u guys. but when u shoot someones thread down, be a little nicer bout it

ias, you'll know when you wait for your dental school decisions during senior year. The fact that so many schools have so limited spots to be filled, one more person means less chance for you. sometimes, you have hundreds of people competing for maybe 40 spots maximum for small schools. And you gotta take into account that there are more people accepted than posters on SDN. So...seeing someone show off their acceptance letter isn't something you would be cheerful about.