Coming out of the closet!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Clair de Lune

Senior Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I'm an MSIII that has finally decided (after months of deliberating on the wards) that I am doing path. I love pathology and I've really liked every pathologist I've ever met. 😍 I've been reading these boards for a long time without ever posting, so I just wanted to introduce myself. I am really excited about being almost finished with this third-year nonsense, especially after hearing all the great stories and advice all of you have given. Anyway, I just wanted to say thanks to all of you for helping me get through this year and know that there really is a light at the end of the tunnel. I'm sure I'll have lots of questions as I go through my 4th year and the match process, so I hope ya'll don't get annoyed with me! Thanks again & it's really nice to finally meet all of you. :luck:
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Welcome to our wacky world. 😀

Congrats for being almost done with M3 year.
 
😀 ya'll are great!

7 weeks of surgery left, then I'm done with MS3! Thank God! I'm just going to keep showing up on time and keep my mouth shut as much as possible & hope the rest of this rotation goes by quickly.

Oh, I meant this was the first time I posted on pathology, I think. I don't know, maybe I did before but it must have been a long time ago. Whatever, I think being on surgery is making me crazy 😛
 
Clair de Lune said:
😀 ya'll are great!

7 weeks of surgery left, then I'm done with MS3! Thank God! I'm just going to keep showing up on time and keep my mouth shut as much as possible & hope the rest of this rotation goes by quickly.
Exactly!
Just show up on time.
Smile. Nod.
Read the board quickly without hesitation. Don't be like: T is 100.9, wow that's kinda high I wonder what is going on, BP is 94/78 oh my god should we do something about this....
Next, retract and cut sutures well.
Knot tying skillz...optional.
 
yaah said:
"Yes! I'd be happy to!"
and of course, there's yaah's favorite:

"and would you like a handjob with that, sir?"

ok ok, that was a bit too much. carry on.
 
:laugh: Yes, surgery definitely stinks. I hate how we're expected to suck up & all of our actions for every second of the day have to be accounted for. The other day I actually had to ask if it was OK if I went to the bathroom! 7 more weeks...I really hope I can get through this without becoming bitter/depressed!!
 
Clair de Lune said:
:laugh: Yes, surgery definitely stinks. I hate how we're expected to suck up & all of our actions for every second of the day have to be accounted for. The other day I actually had to ask if it was OK if I went to the bathroom! 7 more weeks...I really hope I can get through this without becoming bitter/depressed!!
I thought medicine was worse though. At least you're done with that piece of dung rotation 👍
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Clair de Lune said:
:laugh: Yes, surgery definitely stinks. I hate how we're expected to suck up & all of our actions for every second of the day have to be accounted for. The other day I actually had to ask if it was OK if I went to the bathroom! 7 more weeks...I really hope I can get through this without becoming bitter/depressed!!


Welcome clair de lune!
It is a really nice name!...i can empathise with you though it was LONGGGGGGG time ago that i did such crap. 🙂 And asking if it was ok if you went to bathroom????.........man that must feel miserable! though it does bring back memories of a similar nature!
Hope we ll bump into each other on the interview trail!
Quant
 
quant said:
Welcome clair de lune!
It is a really nice name!...i can empathise with you though it was LONGGGGGGG time ago that i did such crap. 🙂 And asking if it was ok if you went to bathroom????.........man that must feel miserable! though it does bring back memories of a similar nature!
Hope we ll bump into each other on the interview trail!
Quant
I think the name refers to a song by the composer Claude Debussy.

Anyways...I felt like an old fart. Damn, then there's quant :laugh:
 
AndyMilonakis said:
I thought medicine was worse though. At least you're done with that piece of dung rotation 👍


I think medicine is the worst!.....you sit and yap yap yap yap.......do a silly test and yap more,
and finally say
"That is it, im sorry, Mrs So and so, we can t do anything more since we have yapped to our limit..."
 
AndyMilonakis said:
I think the name refers to a song by the composer Claude Debussy.

Anyways...I felt like an old fart. Damn, then there's quant :laugh:


Quirk of fate, my friend.....A simple quirk of fate.....

But then they say " Age is a state of mind....you are as old as you think you are...."

And trust me when i say i dont feel a day over 18!

So you can' t get me down on my age.......i refuse to be down, i simply refuse!
 
quant said:
Quirk of fate, my friend.....A simple quirk of fate.....

But then they say " Age is a state of mind....you are as old as you think you are...."

And trust me when i say i dont feel a day over 18!

So you can' t get me down on my age.......i refuse to be down, i simply refuse!
i'm just messin dude. i think our age is not that far apart. Shoot, I'll be turning 29 this November...I'm not that far behind ya 🙂
 
AndyMilonakis said:
i'm just messin dude. i think our age is not that far apart. Shoot, I'll be turning 29 this November...I'm not that far behind ya 🙂


:laugh:
I know you were messin.....you are there yourself buddy, but guys like me can provide motivation .....for me its Brian Pavlovitz who s the motivation!!!

* runs away from brian!............*
 
quant said:
:laugh:
I know you were messin.....you are there yourself buddy, but guys like me can provide motivation .....for me its Brian Pavlovitz who s the motivation!!!

* runs away from brian!............*
motivation for what? having to up the dose of metamucil from QD from BID?
 
bananaface said:
That's not an upped dose. That's a dosing regimen with increased dosing frequency. :laugh:

I'll let you slide if you claimed you meant to say "daily dose".
oh shut up. :laugh:
 
bananaface said:
That's not an upped dose. That's a dosing regimen with increased dosing frequency. :laugh:

I'll let you slide if you claimed you meant to say "daily dose".


holy moley.......

I pity the poor sods of doctors who send you the prescriptions!

Well i pity any doctor for that matter..... :laugh:
 
AndyMilonakis said:
motivation for what? having to up the dose of metamucil from QD from BID?


Thankfully it is still cool runnings at the rear end.....

I meant the beer belly and the grey hair
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
bananaface said:
Don't make me correct you too! I can!


I m sure you can ..... you sound very good at the stuff you do banana....

except that i m least interested in writing prescriptions!!!

Ha.....i wont be caught by you!

:laugh:
 
quant said:
Thankfully it is still cool runnings at the rear end.....

I meant the beer belly and the grey hair
whatever hemorrhoid boy.
 
Clair de Lune said:
I'm an MSIII that has finally decided (after months of deliberating on the wards) that I am doing path. I love pathology and I've really liked every pathologist I've ever met. 😍 I've been reading these boards for a long time without ever posting, so I just wanted to introduce myself. I am really excited about being almost finished with this third-year nonsense, especially after hearing all the great stories and advice all of you have given. Anyway, I just wanted to say thanks to all of you for helping me get through this year and know that there really is a light at the end of the tunnel. I'm sure I'll have lots of questions as I go through my 4th year and the match process, so I hope ya'll don't get annoyed with me! Thanks again & it's really nice to finally meet all of you. :luck:

Welcome, Clair de Lune! Your third year will be over soon enough; I still have 4 weeks of psych AND 6 glorious weeks of OB/GYN left to suffer through. 😡
 
quant said:
:laugh:
I know you were messin.....you are there yourself buddy, but guys like me can provide motivation .....for me its Brian Pavlovitz who s the motivation!!!

* runs away from brian!............*


HEY!! 😉
 
bananaface said:
Will it make you feel better if I say stupid things about pathology and let you pwn me? I can play switch.

That would make me feel better. Say something like "S100 can differentiate between metastatic melanoma and a sarcoma."
 
yaah said:
That would make me feel better. Say something like "S100 can differentiate between metastatic melanoma and a sarcoma."
or you can say "S100 can suck on mah balls!"
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
quant said:
Have i been that harsh on you today???? :laugh: :laugh:
'tis but a flesh wound...i've had worse.

people been giving me **** left and right recently...i'm getting used to it.

Bring it bitch! :laugh: