COMLEX PE questions

Discussion in 'Osteopathic' started by serimeri, 09.28.14.

1. SDN is made possible through member donations, sponsorships, and our volunteers. Learn about SDN's nonprofit mission.
  1. serimeri

serimeri 2+ Year Member

Hey guys,
    Prepping to retake this exam unfortunately. I was wondering if anyone knows if we have to explain what our OMT technique is doing on the cellular/MSK level? relieving restriction, improving mobility etc?

Also, is there a chance that the NBOME would be considering to make a location in the West or Mid-West? I really wish they would! Such an awful experience flying from the west coast and terribly expensive! :(

2. SDN Members don't see this ad. About the ads.
  3. BigSib

BigSib 2+ Year Member

Resident [Any Field]
    You should explain in simple terms what you're doing to the patient as you normally would in real life: name or class of the technique, expected outcomes, post-procedure instructions (e.g., the area may be painful for 1-2 days, drink plenty of water, take ibuprofen PRN for pain). While doing the technique you could also discuss your assessment and plan with the patient at that time; otherwise it will be a dull and awkward silence.

Probably not. This has been a recurrent theme about the PE. I can imagine that they will expand eventually, especially considering there are more students now than when they first started.

About the ads