COMLEX PE questions

Discussion in 'Osteopathic' started by serimeri, Sep 28, 2014.

1. SDN is made possible through member donations, sponsorships, and our volunteers. Learn about SDN's nonprofit mission.
  1. serimeri

serimeri 2+ Year Member

Hey guys,
    Prepping to retake this exam unfortunately. I was wondering if anyone knows if we have to explain what our OMT technique is doing on the cellular/MSK level? relieving restriction, improving mobility etc?

Also, is there a chance that the NBOME would be considering to make a location in the West or Mid-West? I really wish they would! Such an awful experience flying from the west coast and terribly expensive! :(

2. SDN Members don't see this ad. About the ads.
  3. BigSib

BigSib 2+ Year Member

Resident [Any Field]
    You should explain in simple terms what you're doing to the patient as you normally would in real life: name or class of the technique, expected outcomes, post-procedure instructions (e.g., the area may be painful for 1-2 days, drink plenty of water, take ibuprofen PRN for pain). While doing the technique you could also discuss your assessment and plan with the patient at that time; otherwise it will be a dull and awkward silence.

Probably not. This has been a recurrent theme about the PE. I can imagine that they will expand eventually, especially considering there are more students now than when they first started.

About the ads