Comments on GPA/GRE Scores

Started by duffy0387
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

duffy0387

Full Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
My GPA is a 3.16 with a 3.05 in pre-requisites. My GRE was 930 🙁 (quantitative: 550; verbal: 380; writing: 4). I have been rejected from 3 out of the seven schools I have applied to. Most recently from CMU and Hunter (after interviews). Should I be worried?
 
Hey you seem really stress and depressed. I think I saw like 3 or 4 post from you with ur scores.

DONT BE!!!!!

GRE can be retaken, GPA can be upped by taking some pre-reqs over again. UR math is fine, need to up ur verbal score.

Strengthen up ur extra circs and voltuneer at as many different places as possible. Get like 200+ hours. pretty much show then you want it.

hang in there, your time will come!!!!

My GPA is a 3.16 with a 3.05 in pre-requisites. My GRE was 930 🙁 (quantitative: 550; verbal: 380; writing: 4). I have been rejected from 3 out of the seven schools I have applied to. Most recently from CMU and Hunter (after interviews). Should I be worried?
 
My GPA is a 3.16 with a 3.05 in pre-requisites. My GRE was 930 🙁 (quantitative: 550; verbal: 380; writing: 4). I have been rejected from 3 out of the seven schools I have applied to. Most recently from CMU and Hunter (after interviews). Should I be worried?

Hi,
Definitely don't stress yourself out--I am a convulsive stresser-outer, and it is not good for your health. Besides, the decision is not in your hands anymore, and there's not much you can do at this point.

If things don't work out this year, definitely take some PT related classes to bring up your gpa and retake the GRE (focus on the verbal section). Put in hours at a clinic and/or volunteer at a hospital. Just show that you're meant for PT and you'll be golden 🙂