Quantcast

CommitteE letter delay

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
G

gmcguitar4

Members don't see this ad.
So I am reapplying this cycle to 33 MD and 7 DO. I had
AMCAS verified beginning of June and pumping out secondaries within 2 weeks of receiving some one week. My problem is that I am waiting on a committee letter from my school. I am not supposed to receive it until mid-august. As a result, schools will see an incomplete secondary until that letter is in.

Is my school screwing me over?? I wanted everything in ASAP.

nabeel76

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Reaction score
So I am reapplying this cycle to 33 MD and 7 DO. I had
AMCAS verified beginning of June and pumping out secondaries within 2 weeks of receiving some one week. My problem is that I am waiting on a committee letter from my school. I am not supposed to receive it until mid-august. As a result, schools will see an incomplete secondary until that letter is in.

Is my school screwing me over?? I wanted everything in ASAP.

Sounds to me that the school is kind of screwing you over. Although a mid-august complete date isn't really that late, it does prevent you from being a early applicant which could affect your chances slightly - unless you are already a stellar applicant. My recommendation would be to talk to the prehealth committee and explain the urgency in getting the letter out earlier if at all possible.

SS01

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Sorry to hear that but if your school is anything like my school was, the timeliness of the committee letter depended on when the student submitted all required docs to the pre-health advisors.. my school required that I write some things about myself. Did you by any chance fall behind on this? :(