Community College Classes

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
E

EHILGENFELDT

Over the summer I plan on auditing Chem 2 at a community college I live near. Then in the fall take the course at my University hopefully recieving an "A".

Does anyone suggest taking the course at the community college? Or will it be frowned upon because it is a community college?

I also plan on using the summer to do some volunteering. I am trying to decide between a firefighter or in a hospital. Which might be more usefull?

Any comments are appreciated, Thankyou. :)

Members don't see this ad.

EHILGENFELDT said:
Over the summer I plan on auditing Chem 2 at a community college I live near. Then in the fall take the course at my University hopefully recieving an "A".

Does anyone suggest taking the course at the community college? Or will it be frowned upon because it is a community college?

I also plan on using the summer to do some volunteering. I am trying to decide between a firefighter or in a hospital. Which might be more usefull?

Clinical experience will help you more. Go ahead and take Chem 2 at your community college. Taking courses at a community college is easier for you to study and get more help than universities.

most people have said don't take courses at a CC. Don't know how true it is, but that seems to be the consensus I have read

Members don't see this ad :)
EHILGENFELDT said:

Yout going to pay for and take the class twice? Why? Just get a good Chem review book and study up some this summer. Or if you really want to, ask the prof for his/her syllabus and use that to get ahead. Take it once in the fall.

Spend the summer doing the volunteering....

I have a bachelors and a masters from two state universities. So , when I deceided to go back to school to finish my pre-req's I choose the community college down the street ( the university is about 30-45 min drive). The cc is one of the top 5 cc's in the country. During my interview I was asked why I took classes there was told "You know an A at the cc is not the same as an A at ____". The problem is you can't get better than an A! So there is a risk with taking it at the cc. But screw them! I enjoyed it!

RachelD said:
I have a bachelors and a masters from two state universities. So , when I deceided to go back to school to finish my pre-req's I choose the community college down the street ( the university is about 30-45 min drive). The cc is one of the top 5 cc's in the country. During my interview I was asked why I took classes there was told "You know an A at the cc is not the same as an A at ____". The problem is you can't get better than an A! So there is a risk with taking it at the cc. But screw them! I enjoyed it!

:thumbup: