community college to medical school

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
The fact is, you guys are arguing that not everyone is created equally or has the same potential as everyone else. I disagree. 'nuff said.
In your convoluted ideal world of fairness no one even gets sick, so there is no reason to go to medical school.

Members don't see this ad.

Really? I would really like to know the difference between my gas stoichiometry problems and a university's gas stoichiometry problems. I would also like to know the difference between the textbook that my college uses and the textbook that some universities use. By the way, yes, they are the same book. Thanks.

Hey, I did say that I went to a CC. It was great for me. There really is no need to get defensive. From my personal experiences, my As at my CC came much easier than my As at the university level. MUCH easier. Also, one of my professors taught at both, and he actually admitted to using "easier" tests for his O-chem CC course. In addition, I was told by my pre-med advisors and some adcom members that it is a generally accepted belief that CCs are not as difficult and do not require the same amount of work from the student.

Again, both my brother and I graduated from community colleges before transfering. I do not regret it at all, nor do I look down upon anyone else opting for that route. Just make sure to kick butt after you transfer.

As long as you do well when you leave CC, it will not matter to most programs. I wasn't asked about it once in any of my interviews.

Members don't see this ad :)
After reading various post on SDN that defend CC students and put them down, I now feel better about myself attending a CC and completing my AS in Biology from there. More positive sunk through to me and I want to thank all who have ever said positive things about CC or anything related to relieve the fear that I wound be much less to any other (even though I have no real reason to say thanks). Also, anyone who has been accepted and/or once attended a CC, you give me inspiration that I am not alone and it is going to be fine. THANKS!!:)

This is the best way I can think of to answer this question:

A) If you have already finished your sciences at the CC level, then I would not stress out and go ahead and apply.

B) If you have the choice of taking the remaining portion of your sciences I would say take them at a university.

University students have a slight advantage. (many factors also, the tier system and which university are we talking about). But taking all your sciences at a CC college can be overlooked if the rest of your application is strong.

Good luck.

This is the best way I can think of to answer this question:

A) If you have already finished your sciences at the CC level, then I would not stress out and go ahead and apply.

B) If you have the choice of taking the remaining portion of your sciences I would say take them at a university.

University students have a slight advantage. (many factors also, the tier system and which university are we talking about). But taking all your sciences at a CC college can be overlooked if the rest of your application is strong.

Good luck.
If you are referring to me, I am not taking all of my sciences pre-reqs at CC even though its a Biology program (taking physics 1&2, BioChem1&2, Calc2, Statistics, other upper level bio classes etc. at at University)

They also used to think that the earth was flat but whatever.
This is indeed competitive. I have quite the competitive application. I'm pretty sure no ones in this to say that CC students deserve a one up on the process.
Your cynicism is obviously related to your own failure at life. You make excuses because you can't handle the reality. Ironic isn't it? Get over yourself, if the cc student gets invited to an interview and the uni carbon copy student gets invited, would it matter where they came from anymore? It's even ground from that point.

There is no need to resort to making personal attacks to those that disagree with you.:thumbdown: