community college

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

andy33

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
here is my situation...
i ended up having to live at home this semester and drive to school (40 minutes away). i decided to take microbiology at the community college in my hometown to save myself from driving every day of the week. is this going to look bad on my app?? has anyone else been successful by taking classes at a community college??

Members don't see this ad.

Relax. Just don't make a habit of it. And if you want to follow that 2000 level course with something 3 or 4 along that line, even better.

I did my first two years of undergrad at a community college and graduated with an AS then finished up at a university with a BS. This year I was accepted to one allopathic and two osteopathic programs. (I chose one of the osteopathic one.)

Don't sweat it.

Members don't see this ad :)
I did my first two years at a Junior College after not graduating high school (got a GED some years back). I've had 4 interviews out of 7 schools (MD) applied to, with no rejections so far.

Just do well in your classes and you'll be fine...

I wouldn't worry about it. There are some people who took their first two years of undergrad at a community college. As long as a majority of your education is at a four-year university, adcoms will understand taking some classes at a JC.
smile.gif