Dismiss Notice

Interview Feedback: Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Interviewing Masterclass: Free masterclass on interviewing from SDN and Medical College of Georgia

Dismiss Notice
Hey Texans—join us for a DFW meetup! Click here to learn more.

community college

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - DO' started by andy33, Feb 11, 2001.

1. andy33

andy33 Junior Member
    10+ Year Member

here is my situation...
    i ended up having to live at home this semester and drive to school (40 minutes away). i decided to take microbiology at the community college in my hometown to save myself from driving every day of the week. is this going to look bad on my app?? has anyone else been successful by taking classes at a community college??

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. Stephen Ewen

10+ Year Member

Relax. Just don't make a habit of it. And if you want to follow that 2000 level course with something 3 or 4 along that line, even better.

4. D.O. Tooby

D.O. Tooby Junior Member
    10+ Year Member

I did my first two years of undergrad at a community college and graduated with an AS then finished up at a university with a BS. This year I was accepted to one allopathic and two osteopathic programs. (I chose one of the osteopathic one.)

Don't sweat it.

5. Cobragirl

Cobragirl Hoohaa helper ;)
    10+ Year Member

Resident [Any Field]
    I did my first two years at a Junior College after not graduating high school (got a GED some years back). I've had 4 interviews out of 7 schools (MD) applied to, with no rejections so far.

Just do well in your classes and you'll be fine...

6. Pathologist

Pathologist Senior Member
    10+ Year Member

I wouldn't worry about it. There are some people who took their first two years of undergrad at a community college. As long as a majority of your education is at a four-year university, adcoms will understand taking some classes at a JC. [​IMG]