Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Does anyone know a way to take scores from practice exams and calculate theoretical PCAT scores from them?
During my studying I am trying to figure out what composite scores, and approximate percentile ranking my practice exam scores would land me. I don't think its as simple as multiplying 600 by my percentage on the practice because the actual test isn't scored 0-600.
For example, if I take a practice exam and score 40/50 on it that is an 80%. However, it doesn't exactly translate to a 480 on the PCAT because the PCAT is scored 200-600 rather than 0-600.
Out of curiosity, does anyone know the actual reasoning behind scoring the exam 200-600 rather than 0-400? Where does the first 200 points even come from? I guess this can be asked about all standardized tests with this scoring structure.
During my studying I am trying to figure out what composite scores, and approximate percentile ranking my practice exam scores would land me. I don't think its as simple as multiplying 600 by my percentage on the practice because the actual test isn't scored 0-600.
For example, if I take a practice exam and score 40/50 on it that is an 80%. However, it doesn't exactly translate to a 480 on the PCAT because the PCAT is scored 200-600 rather than 0-600.
Out of curiosity, does anyone know the actual reasoning behind scoring the exam 200-600 rather than 0-400? Where does the first 200 points even come from? I guess this can be asked about all standardized tests with this scoring structure.