computers at DMU

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

CUBuffsgrad98

15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
What is recommended for computers at DMU? If I recall correctly, there are no laptop ports in the classroom, so that shouldnt be an issue I wouldnt think. Maybe it would be better to have one to carry around though? If not, how good of a desktop do you recommend? Thoughts/opinions?

Members don't see this ad.

I'm a first year med student at DMU and no, there are no laptop ports in the first year lecture halls. I've never seen anyone carrying or using laptops in lecture halls at DMU. We have a sufficient computer lab for using internet, databases, and other programs. I have a home computer but I rarely use it for academic purposes..mostly for email, internet, and posting on SDN :) Many get by without any computer. In the first year there is not much use for computers, only a few instructors post material online which can be easily accessed from the library computer labs. You only need a minimal system for personal use.