Comsae phase i form c

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

DiverDoc

KCUMB 2012
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Anybody else take this yet ? Thoughts on it ?

I scored 100 points lower on C than I did on B. :smuggrin:

Anybody else think it was 3X as hard ? Seemed like they wanted you to make connections of seemingly unrelated concepts, and they were not near as generous on the answer choices. Im taking A next week, because the school dishes it out for free. Hopefully I see an increase from form C.

Members don't see this ad.

Anybody else take this yet ? Thoughts on it ?

I scored 100 points lower on C than I did on B. :smuggrin:

Anybody else think it was 3X as hard ? Seemed like they wanted you to make connections of seemingly unrelated concepts, and they were not near as generous on the answer choices. Im taking A next week, because the school dishes it out for free. Hopefully I see an increase from form C.

Do you think they are worth the 50 bucks? I am tempted to buy just to see the style and format. I have been using USMLE world and the NBME tests to prepare for the step 1 but maybe I should try out the COMSAE. Any thoughts?

Do you think they are worth the 50 bucks? I am tempted to buy just to see the style and format. I have been using USMLE world and the NBME tests to prepare for the step 1 but maybe I should try out the COMSAE. Any thoughts?

I've heard from a few people in our class that they liked the COMSAE, I'm waiting to hear back from a person in PCSP who took the COMSAE and the COMLEX all ready and ask them how they felt about it

hey diverdoc...longtime no see on here!

Don't worry about the variance between exams.. it happens to everyone, it could be a fluke, it could have been a perfectly crafted exam that went right after your weak points (see if there is a report available to see if you missed alot of questions in one area), or you could just be right in that it was way harder..

i know some of the NBME practices are considered way harder than some of the other ones, and you'll notice people on here recommend certain ones over others consistently for that reason.

if nothing else, use your disappointment as motivation to work harder.

Members don't see this ad :)
I just did form B and got 31 points lower then I did on form A.

I kind of want to jump off a bridge.

I'd think it was just a fluke, but my form A wasn't so hot (418) most of the changes went from one box to an adjacent box (boarderline to poor or boarderline to acceptable) but diagnostics and management went from "acceptable" to poor" and "behavorial" went from "good" to "poor".....

I'm at a bit of a loss here. :confused:

I've taken A and B, and got virtually the same score on both. Took them about 2 weeks apart.

I've heard from a few people in our class that they liked the COMSAE, I'm waiting to hear back from a person in PCSP who took the COMSAE and the COMLEX all ready and ask them how they felt about it

Any word on how they felt about the two?

When people say that its similar to COMLEX, are they saying that its similar in content? or just similar in style?

I have a little over a week until I take the exam, and i'm wondering if I should take one of them now. But, then if I dont do as well as I hope, then I don't want to go into panic mode so close to the exam either:confused: Thoughts?

When people say that its similar to COMLEX, are they saying that its similar in content? or just similar in style?

I have a little over a week until I take the exam, and i'm wondering if I should take one of them now. But, then if I dont do as well as I hope, then I don't want to go into panic mode so close to the exam either:confused: Thoughts?

Thats like saying " I dont wanna apply to med schools because I might get turned down "

Take it. Youll be fine. Youll have the benefit of familiarity and more likely than not, a little confidence.

From what I hear it is exactly the same format as the exam. In terms of questions, from looking at past posts, it is a little harder than the COMLEX questions. Normally you would score 10-20 points higher on the COMLEX than on the COMSAE.

I would take version C since it is the latest to be put out.

just did form C this morning. I scored a little bit higher than B, but it was basically the same score. I was a little disappointed since almost two weeks had passed since I took B and I thought my score would improve.

Oh well. Test is in a few days, not much more I can do now!

just did form C this morning. I scored a little bit higher than B, but it was basically the same score. I was a little disappointed since almost two weeks had passed since I took B and I thought my score would improve.

Oh well. Test is in a few days, not much more I can do now!

Same thing happened to me but with A and B. Took A May 5 got 566, took B may 20 got 562.... All I wanted to say was really.... not even a little improvement?

Good luck man!

I took COMSAE Form C a couple of days ago and was disappointed in my score as some other people have posted. I have been killing my Qbanks but that did not carry over to the COMSAE. I only had a modest improvement over COMSAE form B, which I took roughly 2 weeks prior.

I took comsae C yesterday and saw an 80 point increase in my score from comsae B (May 20th). I'm pumped since my test is in a few days.

Variations in COMSAE is common. Studying the feedback at the end helps. Also doing COMSAE in timed mode is better. Stay confident, you have practiced the closest thing to the real deal.

I have taken both COMSAE form c and the COMLEX and felt that the COMSAE was an accurate representation of the real test. Both the subject breakdown and the format of the test was similar. I would recommend to anyone about to take the COMLEX to first take a COMSAE. COMLEX is significantly different from UWorld, as a significant portion of the test consists of multi-part questions and matching questions, along with a generous number of OMT and musculoskeletal/neuro anatomy questions that you should be familiar with prior to sitting for the real thing. Drop the 50 bucks, it's worth it.

I took COMSAE form B and ten days after I took form C. I felt that form C was more difficult, and I found myself guessing more than I did on form B. BUT... oddly, when I got my score I had scored better on form C (23 points higher). Not sure if they're graded differently, but I was very surprised. Because while I was doing the exam, I was convinced that I was going to get a lower score on form C compared to what I got on form B.

They are both pretty good representations of what you will see on the test. I thought C was a little more off the wall than B, so I might recommend taking C to get into the mindset of some of the crazy COMLEX questions.

I took comsae C yesterday and saw an 80 point increase in my score from comsae B (May 20th). I'm pumped since my test is in a few days.

What did you do to see an 80 point increase??? I'm taking C in less than 2 weeks.... any advice?