Concentrating only on the one DO aspect when explaining "why do" on secondaries?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

reese07

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
My main reason for choosing DO is the holistic approach. Would narrowing down my reasoning to this one aspect be okay for my secondary DO essay?

Members don't see this ad.

My main reason for choosing DO is the holistic approach. Would narrowing down my reasoning to this one aspect be okay for my secondary DO essay?

I would say that if you can give a few specific examples about the holostic approach and why it is important to you, I would say go for it. In my personal statement when explaining 'why DO' I used the first tenant of OM. I took it and explained why it was important to me and how because of it that I was a great fit for DO school.

I think the holistic approach is a great way to explain why DO. Just make sure you are able to back it up with your experiences as to why this holistic approach is beneficial to you. There's many ways to explain the holistic approach so you can write about this in several different ways and tailor it to your experiences.

I think the holistic approach is a great way to explain why DO. Just make sure you are able to back it up with your experiences as to why this holistic approach is beneficial to you. There's many ways to explain the holistic approach so you can write about this in several different ways and tailor it to your experiences.

Right, the holistic approach has so many implications in learning, in clinical settings, and in practice. You could elaborate on why you think a holistic approach to health and illness is the proper starting point for your medical education.