Concentration Tools

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

altitude

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Do you use any concentration and focusing tools, tricks, applications, techniques, etc. when studying (e.g. timed internet blocker; binaural beats)? If yes- how well do they help?

What's your key to staying concentrated and focused?

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
I listen to music w/out lyrics. Just to keep from getting sleepy. I go to songza.com and use a fast instrumental playlist to kind if keep a good fast rhythm. I also Beatbox a bit along with the music.

I set little goals like finish this chapter and then i can watch one tv episode, or finish this then i can get lunch. Etc..

Really it depends what works for you. Try different things and see what works.

Sent from my Galaxy S2 via tapatalk

I found that I will check my email, facebook, etc, is my laptop is by be. I don't know why, I just subconsciously do it. That means I am probably addicted. haha
To remedy that problem, I take the battery out of my laptop.

If I really need to use the laptop, then I have to go through the effort of grabbing the battery and putting it in. If I really wasn't going to do something productive with it, then the extra time makes me reconsider my actions.

I bet crystal meth would work really well but I'm not advocating that as an effective learning device.

Members don't see this ad :)
I found that I will check my email, facebook, etc, is my laptop is by be. I don't know why, I just subconsciously do it. That means I am probably addicted. haha
To remedy that problem, I take the battery out of my laptop.

If I really need to use the laptop, then I have to go through the effort of grabbing the battery and putting it in. If I really wasn't going to do something productive with it, then the extra time makes me reconsider my actions.

Then the problem becomes the iPhone...checking SDN, playing games, checking SDN again...telling myself I should keep my phone on because I need it as a timer and so people could contact me.

Sometimes I wouldn't mind a phone that didn't offer me 1 million apps. Any suggestions? :rolleyes:

What do you guys use for a timer (that doesnt involve a phone, computer, and doesn't make noise/sounds, but counts down)?

Then the problem becomes the iPhone...checking SDN, playing games, checking SDN again...telling myself I should keep my phone on because I need it as a timer and so people could contact me.

Sometimes I wouldn't mind a phone that didn't offer me 1 million apps. Any suggestions? :rolleyes:

What do you guys use for a timer (that doesnt involve a phone, computer, and doesn't make noise/sounds, but counts down)?

Try using a digital watch.

Regards,
Vlad