Concerned About Silence?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

lilsebastian18

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Just realized that the Admissions' section on the MSAR has when applications review begin for a particular school. Literally had no idea that was a thing, until last night, so no one rain on my parade, k thanks. Some schools have not even begun the review process and most just started in the past few weeks. Might be helpful to take a gander to calm your nerves, in case "its only July, chill" doesn't quite ease the neuroticism.

Members don't see this ad.

Are Admissions people allowed to take summer vacations?

Patience is a virtue, the need for instant gratification is not.

Schools stratify the apps as they come in and don't send out IIs merely in chronological order.

Reactions: 5 users
Are Admissions people allowed to take summer vacations?

Patience is a virtue, the need for instant gratification is not.

Schools stratify the apps as they come in and don't send out IIs merely in chronological order.

So are you saying the assumption that all admissions people go on "vacation" together, get drunk, and throw darts at random applications to see who gets an interview is not at all correct?

Reactions: 3 users
Members don't see this ad :)
So are you saying the assumption that all admissions people go on "vacation" together, get drunk, and throw darts at random applications to see who gets an interview is not at all correct?
It's only true on Casual Friday, which is as close as some get to a "real" vacation at this point in the summer.

[Yes, I'm kidding. We're not allowed to have Casual Fridays, like the business world does]

Reactions: 2 users
I take all applications home and let my toddler draw scribble all over them. Anyone whose name I can still read when she gets done, those people get IIs.

[Yes, I'm kidding. We're not allowed to have Casual Fridays, like the business world does]
Umm...oops. Does that mean I've been doing it wrong?

I take all applications home and let my toddler draw scribble all over them. Anyone whose name I can still read when she gets done, those people get IIs.

Umm...oops. Does that mean I've been doing it wrong?
I'm willing to give your method a try, but slightly modified to which ones get the most attention from cat fangs. I suspect those with salmon scent would be very popular.

I'm willing to give your method a try, but slightly modified to which ones get the most attention from cat fangs. I suspect those with salmon scent would be very popular.
Oh, by "doing it wrong" I was referring to my habit of going to work on Fridays wearing a baseball cap and a muumuu, but you're more than welcome to adopt/adapt my application review strategy!

Reactions: 1 user