Jun 27, 2019
Status
Pre-Health (Field Undecided)
Hey y'all.
So, after talking to a physician at the hospital I work for I'm really considering doing an SMP instead of a post bacc. The dude I talked to graduated from KCUMB's COB (his wife too) and got accepted there the cycle after.

I understand that they're necessarily more difficult than a DIY pb and that while they can help they're not exactly a guaranteed acceptance. That being said, I kind of dig the high risk high reward concept.

How manageable are these programs for someone who is willing to quit their job, move to whichever city, and take out enough financial aid in order to focus ~100% on doing the thing? I'd pretty much be treating this like it were my job and truly my last shot.

Thanks in advance!

MedSchoolTutors

Top MCAT/USMLE/COMLEX Tutors Answer Your Questions
Gold Donor
Vendor
Apr 25, 2019
www.medschooltutors.com
Status
Medical Student, Resident [Any Field], Attending Physician
They are completely manageable as long as you realize that failing an SMP will basically destroy your chances at being accepted at any non-Caribbean medical school. As long as you're willing to put in the time and effort, they will do a lot.

Kevin W, MCAT Tutor
Med School Tutors

Goro

Gold Donor
7+ Year Member
Jun 10, 2010
Somewhere west of St. Louis
Status
Non-Student
Hey y'all.
So, after talking to a physician at the hospital I work for I'm really considering doing an SMP instead of a post bacc. The dude I talked to graduated from KCUMB's COB (his wife too) and got accepted there the cycle after.

I understand that they're necessarily more difficult than a DIY pb and that while they can help they're not exactly a guaranteed acceptance. That being said, I kind of dig the high risk high reward concept.

How manageable are these programs for someone who is willing to quit their job, move to whichever city, and take out enough financial aid in order to focus ~100% on doing the thing? I'd pretty much be treating this like it were my job and truly my last shot.

Thanks in advance!
Only you can answer this for yourself, but in our SMP, up to 75% of the students do well enough to go on to med school. Most matriculate to our DO school, but a handful go other MD or DO schools.

About the Ads
OP
LeSamf
Jun 27, 2019
Status
Pre-Health (Field Undecided)
Thank you both for taking the time to respond. The people on SDN have been so helpful in helping me with finding my path and I can't tell you how much I appreciate it.

About the Ads