Concussion Right Before an Interview

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Iatro

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey SDN,

I am very concerned. Yesterday, I believed I sustained a concussion. Some person (for absolutely no reason, other than the fact he was crazy, or on drugs) punched me square in the jaw. I wasn't knocked out, nor did I fall don. I can remember a lot about the events leading up to punch, but can't recall anything about the moment, or after the event (that night).

This morning, I woke up with a headache. I have also been somewhat confused (like walking in one direction, only to find out, I need to go back the other way), have been forgetting peoples names I knew yesterday (I work at a place where people come and go, and I am usually quite good remembering names), forgetting words, and also feel much less energetic than I normally am. I also feel very lazy (like I will see an email that I need to respond to, but decide I don't want to, because it will be too much effort).

I know that these conditions (if indeed a concussion) usually go away on their own. But I am really concerned for a few medical school interviews I have coming up in ~2 weeks. What do I do if these problems don't go away? I have no idea.

Members don't see this ad.

See a doctor!!!

Reactions: 2 users
This forum is not for medical advice. See your doctor or at least call an advice nurse.

Members don't see this ad :)
I am no asking for medical advice. I am asking what I should do for the interview. Should I message them, telling them I had a concussion? It is a very late interview, so I don't believe I will be able to reschedule. Or is this a terrible idea? I am very concerned.

First, get yourself checked out ASAP, seriously, head injuries are not something to mess with. Second, if you're concerned just call the school you're supposed to interview at and talk to them.

What type of doctor should I see?

1) See a doctor ASAP. Like go to urgent care tonight. Or your PCP. Or the ED.
2) Seriously, see a doctor ASAP.
3) I don't want to cross into medical advice, but if your interviews are 2 weeks out, you shouldn't have to cancel them. Wait to see what doctor says though.

1) See a doctor ASAP. Like go to urgent care tonight. Or your PCP. Or the ED.
2) Seriously, see a doctor ASAP.
3) I don't want to cross into medical advice, but if your interviews are 2 weeks out, you shouldn't have to cancel them. Wait to see what doctor says though.

OP, to add to a few of these points:

1) Go see a physician ASAP.
2) If you are still reading this, you seriously need to go get checked out with a physician, ASAP..

Worry about interviews later. If all is okay, 2 weeks should be fine, but again, go see a physician. ASAP.