Conditional Acceptance

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Adlogin

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
So, I have been accepted to NOVA and NYU. Not sure which school to attend yet, but I have a question about my courses that I am taking this quarter. Can I take them for pass and no pass? Schools are telling me that I need to maintain my grades my last quarter, but I don't want to have to try hard to maintain A's this quarter. None of these classes are prerequisites for my major and dental school.

Members don't see this ad.

Most schools (including NYU 100%) want you to complete your coursework to the same standard in which they based your acceptance off of. So if you applied with a 3.5, you should aim for around that.

Members don't see this ad :)
so does that mean i can switch my courses to pass/fail?

Most schools (including NYU 100%) want you to complete your coursework to the same standard in which they based your acceptance off of. So if you applied with a 3.5, you should aim for around that.

not true. just don't bomb any courses.

like ok, if you're typically like an A/B student, a few Cs won't do anything. Don't get straight Cs or like a D/F in anything and you're fine.

not true. just don't bomb any courses.

like ok, if you're typically like an A/B student, a few Cs won't do anything. Don't get straight Cs or like a D/F in anything and you're fine.
NYU clearly states to keep the same grades you've been getting to keep your place. Also, I know for a fact that some schools will put you back under review if you get under a B-, like UCSF. If your offer doesn't state, I would assume they want you to achieve the same grades. I wouldn't go on a limb and just get c's

I appreciate the answers guys, but I think my question is being misunderstood. At my university I have the option of taking classes that are not required to graduate for either a letter grade or a pass/no pass option. Since I am taking no required classes to graduate and neither pre-requisite classes for dental school, I was thinking of opting for the pass/no pass option. That way (if I were to get a C in the class), it would still show up as a "pass" on my transcript. I was wondering if it was ok to take all my classes pass/no pass my last quarter?

I appreciate the answers guys, but I think my question is being misunderstood. At my university I have the option of taking classes that are not required to graduate for either a letter grade or a pass/no pass option. Since I am taking no required classes to graduate and neither pre-requisite classes for dental school, I was thinking of opting for the pass/no pass option. That way (if I were to get a C in the class), it would still show up as a "pass" on my transcript. I was wondering if it was ok to take all my classes pass/no pass my last quarter?

Just call and ask.

Reactions: 1 user
NYU clearly states to keep the same grades you've been getting to keep your place. Also, I know for a fact that some schools will put you back under review if you get under a B-, like UCSF. If your offer doesn't state, I would assume they want you to achieve the same grades. I wouldn't go on a limb and just get c's

yeah, they ''say'' that...but it isn't true. like i said, you can get a few Cs. no one is going to revoke your acceptance. just don't fail.

I'm a D1 at NYU that applied with a ~3.5 GPA.

I made 2 C's my last semester and I kept my acceptance.

But don't do what I did...that was a really stressful finals week.

To answer you question I applied with 11 pass fail units, 4 of which were this past semester after I was accepted. You have probably done 115+ units of classes these last 15ish credits don't mean anything. Get your degree and try to come to peace that your degree is worthless now that you will be getting a doctorate!!!!! Congrats on the acceptance!!!! You go this far relax a little and take pass fail classes

Reactions: 1 user
Just don't fail the semester! It's smooth sailing from here...until we start dental school of course.