Step I Conditions in which driving is prohibited or reportable ?

Started by zeevee
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

zeevee

Full Member
7+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Is there a list I can go through ?

Apparently epileptics can drive if they have been seizure free for a few years even if they are still being medicated .
what about post stroke ?
night blindness?
handicapped?

Dont want to be stuck with these Qs in the exam
 
I know a few of those depend on the state (in my state seizures is 6 mo I believe for example). So I don't know that this is very testable...


Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile app
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
This is sort of a tangent, but when an underage pregnant patient comes in, World asks what is she allowed access to 1) prenatal care 2) prenatal care + elective termination c) neither. It differs in each state, but prenatal care is allowed in most states, so the option is 1.
 
Last edited:
Something like a patient is a few years seizure free, controlled with medication ultimately asking if they can drive (or what you would do as the physician) and the right response was they could legally drive.
Years seizure free = clear to drive. Some states are mandatory reporting for break through seizures. Apparently a step 2 question, don't worry about other driving issues.

Sent from my SM-N910V using SDN mobile