Conferences. Which ones do you like?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

suckstobeme

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey Guys-
So my new job gives me a little time and a little cash to go to conferences and it's kind of a use it or lose it situation. Unfortunately, I'm not gonna be able to go to Essentials of Emergency Medicine (which is the one I really wanted to go to) or ACEP. I've been to SAEM and really wasn't that impressed (not much of a research-y/academic guy). Any other conferences you guys like/recommend? I want something where a normal community doc recently out of residency can learn a lot of good stuff. Also, an optional procedure lab (slit lamps, ultrasound, etc) would be nice to brush up on some skills.

Any good ideas?

Members don't see this ad.

Local ACEP chapters will usually have a state conference of varing usefulness. The problem with being pretty fresh out of residency is that you're going to have heard a grand rounds lecture on most of the bread and butter stuff (wound care, high risk ortho and peds, etc.) Maybe try and pick up an U/S course, depending on how much CME $$$ you have.