CONFESS here.

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
He is such a POS

Absolutely. :thumbup:

I was in a shop yesterday and the owner/attendant asked me where I was from. When I said Canada, he replied "Oh, with Justin Beiber!". Such shame......

Members don't see this ad.

Whenever I happen to mention I'm from Canada I was add "and no I don't like beiber". He's such an arrogant ass! None of us Canadians are proud of him. We were till he decided he was god himself.

Whenever I happen to mention I'm from Canada I was add "and no I don't like beiber". He's such an arrogant ass! None of us Canadians are proud of him. We were till he decided he was god himself.

I wasn't ever proud, tbh. I always equated him to "Friday" by Rebecca Black. Though this really started it for me:

images

Confession....I miss home so much. Holidays are great, but 2 weeks is my max I think.

Members don't see this ad :)
My boyfriend's birthday is less than a week away and I still have no idea what to do for it. I was just going to go low-key and bring him cake and beer, and since he's never done anything for me for Christmas, birthdays, or Valentine's day I figured that would be enough. But he keeps saying that he wants an "awesome birthday surprise" and I'm going to feel wicked guilty if I don't deliver.

I had a SUPER AWESOME idea that he would totally go nuts for, but it's a little more money than I can afford at the moment. I'm squirreling that one away for Christmas or his next birthday when I will (hypothetically) have a little more cash in the bank. That still leaves me with nothing for next week. I'm stuck. :(

My boyfriend's birthday is less than a week away and I still have no idea what to do for it. I was just going to go low-key and bring him cake and beer, and since he's never done anything for me for Christmas, birthdays, or Valentine's day I figured that would be enough. But he keeps saying that he wants an "awesome birthday surprise" and I'm going to feel wicked guilty if I don't deliver.

I had a SUPER AWESOME idea that he would totally go nuts for, but it's a little more money than I can afford at the moment. I'm squirreling that one away for Christmas or his next birthday when I will (hypothetically) have a little more cash in the bank. That still leaves me with nothing for next week. I'm stuck. :(

Say what? ! ?

I just failed MISERABLY at cooking dinner. Threw away most of it... I really need to learn how to cook.

I did about two years of pasta in undergrad, so. Don't feel bad. Start small and simple and then get more involved as you go.
My goal is to not do 4 more years of that. 2 weeks and I've had pasta once so far.

And I volunteered at a recreational cooking school before moving, so theoretically I should be able to cook, but doesn't mean I do.

All I've listened to on repeat today is the new BSB album :D

Say what? ! ?

Yeaaahh. It's irritating. I try not to make a big deal out of it.

But if he wants an awesome birthday surprise, he's going to get one. Now if only I wasn't on my third completely unaffordable yet awesome idea . . .

So he does nothing for you yet expects you to whip up something awesome for him? :eyebrow: something not right with that picture.

Yeaaahh. It's irritating. I try not to make a big deal out of it.

But if he wants an awesome birthday surprise, he's going to get one. Now if only I wasn't on my third completely unaffordable yet awesome idea . . .

"Surprise, honey, I made you a cake and bought your favorite beer. Isn't that AWESOME of me??"

Members don't see this ad :)
So he does nothing for you yet expects you to whip up something awesome for him? :eyebrow: something not right with that picture.

I think it's more because he never knew what to get for me so he just didn't get anything. He did ask me what I would like for those occasions, but I hate hate hate giving people gift lists (it feels like I'm saying "hey you, buy this for me!" and it makes me uncomfortable) so it's probably my own fault. idk. I really don't need any more crap, so I don't dwell on it. :shrug:

some of the better (best?) gifts are things you do and experiences not things you can physically hold onto.

some of the better (best?) gifts are things you do and experiences not things you can physically hold onto.

Yeah, that's what I'm looking into, trying to come up with something that will be fun for both of us without breaking the bank. I think I need to scale down my big ideas a bit though. :laugh:

I did about two years of pasta in undergrad, so. Don't feel bad. Start small and simple and then get more involved as you go.
My goal is to not do 4 more years of that. 2 weeks and I've had pasta once so far.

And I volunteered at a recreational cooking school before moving, so theoretically I should be able to cook, but doesn't mean I do.

Screwing up is part of learning to cook, just like anything else. If someone tells you they've never messed up a meal they were cooking, they're a dirty rotten liar.

Aww thanks for making me feel better. Hopefully I'll get the hang of things by the times school is full swing. -- Otherwise it will be a lot of frozen dinner meals! :laugh:

Aww thanks for making me feel better. Hopefully I'll get the hang of things by the times school is full swing. -- Otherwise it will be a lot of frozen dinner meals! :laugh:

There are lots of ways to do simple without frozen meals! Like pasta and a sauce I add veggies/spice/etc. to. Burritos with beans, corn, cheese, etc. or quesadilla-style, same idea. Trader Joe's (I REALLY miss not having a Trader Joe's) has awesome Indian packages that are heat and serve--I do those with rice. Honey-glazed carrots sounds more than it is. Salmon loaf/meat loaf is pretty straightforward and makes a couple of meals. Potatoes can be fried in a tiny bit of oil or mashed or those little ones with some spices/herbs. Plus, nobody ever said you can't have a sandwich or oatmeal or whatever you want for dinner!

There are lots of ways to do simple without frozen meals! Like pasta and a sauce I add veggies/spice/etc. to. Burritos with beans, corn, cheese, etc. or quesadilla-style, same idea. Trader Joe's (I REALLY miss not having a Trader Joe's) has awesome Indian packages that are heat and serve--I do those with rice. Honey-glazed carrots sounds more than it is. Salmon loaf/meat loaf is pretty straightforward and makes a couple of meals. Potatoes can be fried in a tiny bit of oil or mashed or those little ones with some spices/herbs. Plus, nobody ever said you can't have a sandwich or oatmeal or whatever you want for dinner!

crock-pot = almost no effort delicious meals.

Throw something in the pot during the morning, (Chicken and salsa for tacos is one I really like, beef and veggies is good too) let it stew all day, come home, and dinner is waiting.

crock-pot = almost no effort delicious meals.

Throw something in the pot during the morning, (Chicken and salsa for tacos is one I really like, beef and veggies is good too) let it stew all day, come home, and dinner is waiting.

Love love love my crockpot! And you can find millions of recipes online too, so you don't need to be an experienced cook to make absolutely fantastic meals! :love:

In regards to my previous post, I just came up with a kickass birthday surprise that will require no money other than possibly buying dinner for the two of us. I win. :D

"Surprise, honey, I made you a cake and bought your favorite beer. Isn't that AWESOME of me??"

And deliver it in a naughty outfit :naughty:
That would be an "awesome" birthday gift!

I made cookies ... and i can't seem to stomach the second one, but they're soooo goooodddd

Love love love my crockpot! And you can find millions of recipes online too, so you don't need to be an experienced cook to make absolutely fantastic meals! :love:

In regards to my previous post, I just came up with a kickass birthday surprise that will require no money other than possibly buying dinner for the two of us. I win. :D

OOOO i just made something amazing in my crock pot, throw in 4-6 skinless chicken breasts, 16oz tub of sour cream, 2 cans of cream of chicken, packet of dry onion soup mix and sliced up mushrooms if you like them. Just throw it all into your crock pot in the morning and set it to low, when its dinner time take two forks and pull the chicken apart (it'll fall apart easily) and voila.

The multiple emails we get a week on my vet school email about kittens & cats needing homes is seriously testing my will power...and I have a feeling it's only going to get worse...I currently have an old cat, 2 rats, and a 20 gallon fish tank. Roomie has a large rabbit. That's enough pets, right? ...Right?

The multiple emails we get a week on my vet school email about kittens & cats needing homes is seriously testing my will power...and I have a feeling it's only going to get worse...I currently have an old cat, 2 rats, and a 20 gallon fish tank. Roomie has a large rabbit. That's enough pets, right? ...Right?

I'm not even in vet school at OSU and still get forwarded some of those e-mails. I learned never to mention anything about wanting more pets to my vet school friends. Seriously.

I met one of my fiancé's ex GFs and am completely distraught over what a hot piece of arse she is. It's making me feel like ****. :( I know she's a sucky person that ended up sleeping with the entire town, but it still makes me feel inadequate. I'm trying to stop being ridiculous and I'm in no way worried about him and her, I just hate knowing he's been with a bombshell. Even if it was a meaningless high school fling (not saying high school flings are meaningless, but this one definitely was). Ugh I'm being crazy.

I met one of my fiancé's ex GFs and am completely distraught over what a hot piece of arse she is. It's making me feel like ****. :( I know she's a sucky person that ended up sleeping with the entire town, but it still makes me feel inadequate. I'm trying to stop being ridiculous and I'm in no way worried about him and her, I just hate knowing he's been with a bombshell. Even if it was a meaningless high school fling (not saying high school flings are meaningless, but this one definitely was). Ugh I'm being crazy.

Em, there is a reason he is Marrying YOU and not her!!

You got it goin on! Eff her!

I still get way too excited when I watch old 90's X-Men cartoons at 2:00 in the morning.

I don't do anything wrong yet I'm bullied and treated like **** -- I'm 23 why is it still happening!?

Cut my thumb pretty awesomely today. May or may not have just thrown a stitch in it myself...

When I want to go out to eat with friends but I don't have cash, I use Wal-Mart gift cards that I get for the holidays or my birthday and I buy plates of food from the deli.

I went vegan a week ago.

I've gotten two offers to go out with friends for dinner but feel nervous about going because I don't want it to come up and then I have to explain it and then feel awkward and judged :\

I went vegan a week ago.

I've gotten two offers to go out with friends for dinner but feel nervous about going because I don't want it to come up and then I have to explain it and then feel awkward and judged :\

"I've got some pretty strict dietary restrictions right now. Would you mind if I went over the menu in advance to be sure I can eat at that restaurant?" Call the restaurant in advance to ask about ingredients.

Then just order the thing you can eat when you get there. If they press you about what your dietary restrictions are, just say "I'd rather not talk about it over dinner/right now. How's your [thing that changes the topic]"

I went vegan a week ago.

I don't really get the point of judging people for it, as long as it isn't something that is going to get shoved down my throat later on and make me feel like a horrible person for not doing the same thing. I have good friends who are vegetarians/vegans and have no problem with it unless they try to enforce it on me, which thankfully, none of them do. I don't really see you as that person, so I hope your friends would feel the same way. That being said, I totally get why you're nervous.

"I've got some pretty strict dietary restrictions right now. Would you mind if I went over the menu in advance to be sure I can eat at that restaurant?" Call the restaurant in advance to ask about ingredients.

Then just order the thing you can eat when you get there. If they press you about what your dietary restrictions are, just say "I'd rather not talk about it over dinner/right now. How's your [thing that changes the topic]"

Calling ahead is a great idea :)

I don't really get the point of judging people for it, as long as it isn't something that is going to get shoved down my throat later on and make me feel like a horrible person for not doing the same thing. I have good friends who are vegetarians/vegans and have no problem with it unless they try to enforce it on me, which thankfully, none of them do. I don't really see you as that person, so I hope your friends would feel the same way. That being said, I totally get why you're nervous.

Oh yeah, I definitely don't want to force it on them - or even talk about it :laugh: I feel like they'd all be fine with it but :scared:

Good idea! Or do they have an online menu you could get a head start with?

I have several dietary restrictions (no wheat or lactose) and that's what I do a lot. Many places have online menus now, so it makes it much easier. And that way it doesn't even have to come up. I know there is something for me to eat so I get that and modify the order if necessary.

That's what I did for dinner out last night (although there were some changes but there was still one thing I could get) and what I think I'll plan to do that for other places in the future (and call to confirm if necessary). Thanks for the ideas guys :)

I bought my new planner for vet school, and I'm so nerdy that I'm actually ridiculously excited about writing stuff in it. :laugh:

I bought my new planner for vet school, and I'm so nerdy that I'm actually ridiculously excited about writing stuff in it. :laugh:

...*adds "planner" to the list of stuff I still need to get for vet school*

I got a new backpack and I've been annoying my SO about how much I love it. It's gotten a little weird :D

I looked at that one, too! Very nice! :thumbup:

Thanks! I'm excited for it, I got one for me and one for my roommate since we're both carrying a courseload this fall. Mine's still just pre reqs so WHEN (optimistic) I get into vet school I can get the next step up ;)

I may or may not have just let out an excited squeal when I realized that this next lecture is only 38 powerpoint slides long and the notes that go with the powerpoint are only 8 pages long.