Confused about Grade Conversions PLZ HELP!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

mac_kin

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I know that some schools print final grades as letters (A-F) and some post them numerically (100-0) and some use a 10 point or 12 point scale.
My school uses letter grades on the transcript...so I don't know what my final numerical grades are in any of the classes...although if I wanted to I guess I could find out what my exam grade is and calculate my final numerical grade myself. But my transcript only has letter grades.

Since this is my first time applying this summer I'm a little bit confused. Obviously all applicants have to be compared on the same scale, so is there a conversion chart that AMCAS uses to for instance assign you a grade on a 12 point scale if you only have letters on your transcript????

PLZ HELP! THANKS!!

Members don't see this ad.

mac_kin said:
I know that some schools print final grades as letters (A-F) and some post them numerically (100-0) and some use a 10 point or 12 point scale.
My school uses letter grades on the transcript...so I don't know what my final numerical grades are in any of the classes...although if I wanted to I guess I could find out what my exam grade is and calculate my final numerical grade myself. But my transcript only has letter grades.

Since this is my first time applying this summer I'm a little bit confused. Obviously all applicants have to be compared on the same scale, so is there a conversion chart that AMCAS uses to for instance assign you a grade on a 12 point scale if you only have letters on your transcript????

PLZ HELP! THANKS!!
In the US (and hence on AMCAS, etc.):

A/A+ = 4.0
A- = 3.7
B+ = 3.3
B = 3
B- = 2.7
C+ = 2.3
C = 2
etc.