confused about releasing USMLE transcript..plz help

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

DORK7

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
When i submitted my ERAS back in September I only applied with my Comlex transcript, now that I have my USLME step 2 back I would like to release my USLME scores as well but only to certain programs but I'm not sure how to do that. So on ERAS you are asked two questions in regards to USMLE transcripts:

1. Do you authorize the NBME to transmit your USMLE transcript to designated programs?
2.Do you authorize the NBME to AUTOMATICALLY transmit your updated USMLE transcript to all designated programs when a new Step result becomes available?

the second questions doesnt matter since I have no more scores to update. But I was wondering if I answer YES to the first question does my USMLE score get sent to all the programs that I have already applied to? Or once I answer YES then I can go to each program individually and check the box for USMLE transcript for those certain programs that I want to send my USMLE scores (since there are some programs that require USMLE scores rather than comlex)?

Members don't see this ad.

please let me know what were the answers to your questions? thank you.