Confused

Started by ebasappa
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

ebasappa

Momma said knock you out.
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hey everyone,

So I have been doing EK 101 verbal, and I have learned that I should never infer anything and go strictly based off the passage info (unles otherwise stated). But I just read a passage about people watching ( passage 3, test 10) and one question said:

"according to the passage, the only real limitations to "people reading" would be the evaluator's:

I. Inability to hear
II. Lack of background info of the target
III.inablity to see

The passage clearly stated info for II, but the answer is II AND III, yet the passage said NOTHING about lack of vision... I get why it could be an answer, but the question said ACCORDING TO THE PASSAGE... so should I infer or not?...

P.s. sorry for reavealing the answer, my phone is being weird and its no letting me do that font thing
 
Yet , whenever I use logic, I get the wrong answer and get an explanation at the end saying "although true, this was not stated in the passage and was inferred"...
 
Honestly, don't worry about it. I got that question wrong too for the same reason, and throughout the entire EK 101 book my verbal score never improved (fluctuating 9-11). I got a 14 VR on my last AAMC practice test. EK 101 is good practice because there's a lot of passages, not because it's the most representative or makes the most sense (especially the answer explanations).

omg yes, thank you! I was feeling a bit worried because I keep scoring 8-10 and I haven't really improved... I feel a bit better, I'll see how it goes on the actual AAMCs