Confusion about NAVLE score transfer to Texas board

Started by ruvet
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

ruvet

New Member
5+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hello. Please help with advice. I have to transfer my NAVLE score to Texas vet. Board and I am confused, their website says that only the VIVA (part of the AAVSB) must be used to transfer my score, but the only option I see currently on the AAVSB website is VAULT Transfer Services, looks like they do only premium transfer, which is expensive, they don't refund... The question is, can I just go ahead and use this (VAULT services) OR I should find a different service through VIVA?
Thank you.
 
Texas is part of the ICVA and they should be able to transfer your NAVLE score for a fee. Only the first state you have your score sent to is free. From online VIVA appears to be a service that you pay for to do some of the paperwork for you. I didn't see anything on the website that says VIVA has to be used, but I also did not register or create an account through the Texas licensing website. I would contact ICVA about having a copy of your score sent there, it may be cheaper than VIVA.