Congratulations !

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Denial

3K Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
eveyone who matched ! SO I guess Wash MAnual of surgery is the way to in the first year. I am a FMG which is why i wonder what is the average age of people entering surgery?

Members don't see this ad.

Denial said:
eveyone who matched ! SO I guess Wash MAnual of surgery is the way to in the first year. I am a FMG which is why i wonder what is the average age of people entering surgery?
I am way younger as I am FMG bu then I keep seeing this single wimmen in surgery threads and wonder what is the general age of people entering GS in america. 25 to 30?

I believe the modal age of interns, surgery or otherwise, is around 28. In the US, if one went straight through HS, college and med school, they would be approximately 26/27 when starting residency. Since many have worked a year, done some reasearch, they are often older. There will be residents in your program who are older than 30 when they started.

hehe i'll be 23/24 when i start :D ... take that Doogie Howser!

Members don't see this ad :)
johnny_blaze said:
hehe i'll be 23/24 when i start :D ... take that Doogie Howser!
I am 24 now :rolleyes:

Kimberli Cox said:
Geez..did you guys do an early entry, 6 year European model right out of HS or are ya just smarty pants?!

At any rate, you ARE the exception, rather than the rule. :D
no ! Not smart or anything like that.
Just that in some ccountries there is no pre med and it is direct medschool after HS which means 6 years after 12th grade. :laugh: which means 17+6=23. This advantage is cancelled with lack of wisdom and foresight and other sideeffects of being riper .

I am above average... ;)
starting residency at 28.

Matched in GS at 31 yo....yipie for the old folks!!!!!! (guess i'm way above average!)