Contacting Dean???

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Naz815

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
So I've been waitlisted...and I've read on a few threads that I should contact the dean phone or e-mail and express to him my want to go there and my intrest...pretty much having him recognize my name...

Any thoughts??? yay or nay??? and what should i def and def NOT say???
HELLPPPPPP

Members don't see this ad.

So I've been waitlisted...and I've read on a few threads that I should contact the dean phone or e-mail and express to him my want to go there and my intrest...pretty much having him recognize my name...

Any thoughts??? yay or nay??? and what should i def and def NOT say???
HELLPPPPPP

Contacting which dean? The dean of admissions? It can't hurt if you do it via email. It is least obtrusive and you give him/her time to reply like a week. They have other things that keep them busy. Introduce yourself and express your interest and let them reply to you. If they want to talk to you over the phone they'll invite you to call them. As long as you don't come across as being pushy and intrusive then you should be fine.

It couldn't hurt if you can come up with something intelligent to say (so it doesn't sound like you're just begging).

Members don't see this ad :)
If I were you, I would definitely send an email to the dean of admissions. Like the other posts said, though, I would not sound like I am begging. I would write about what you liked at the school, why you think it is a good fit for you and I would point out that it is your top choice.

If I were you, I would definitely send an email to the dean of admissions. Like the other posts said, though, I would not sound like I am begging. I would write about what you liked at the school, why you think it is a good fit for you and I would point out that it is your top choice.

I would keep it short. The dean of admissions has a lot of things other than admittance for one specific individual. Keeping it short to the point explaining the situation is the way to go.

I think it would be more beneficial to send a well written letter to the admissions office and ask for it to be added to your file.

In the end, the decision is made by a group of people, not just the Dean (At most schools) and if each of them has a copy of that letter it might be better then just one member who likely has one vote who may or may not remember your name from the email?

Just my 2 cents