Contacting Schools about "Awaiting Additional Information" status?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

jeeproteins

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Is it advisable to email or call schools that still display the "Received/Awaiting Additional Information" status in AADSAS?

I applied late, around 7/18 submitted
took my DAT late, 8/07 official scores mailed out 8/29

However, a friend who submitted both DAT and app later received "Application Complete" from one of the schools I applied to, CWRU.

Members don't see this ad.

I know CWRU specifically does NOT want you to do this. They say on their fb page, "Despite submitting early applications, many files won't be invited for interview because they haven't confirmed they paid their fee. Many others may not be invited because they are obsessively over-checking their confirmation. Please respect our secretaries' duties with the process."

Members don't see this ad :)
I'm having the same dilemma with Case. I know my payment is confirmed but it may be that my DAT score is still being processed. I'm going with the que sera sera route for now.

I would say contact them if you can and if they are open to applicants calling! I had that status for LECOM, Tufts, and Tennessee. Had I not called to confirm a pre-req I was currently enrolled in, my app status would have not changed. Figuring out what schools need from you expedites the review process which can be a huge factor in a pre-december interview.

In the case of Tufts, they contacted me... But not all schools will do that.