1. The SDN iPhone App is back and free through November! Get it today and please post a review on the App Store!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dismiss Notice
  3. Guest, be sure to check out How To Get Into Dental School, our free downloadable PDF with step-by-step details for dental school applicants!
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

Interview Feedback: Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Interviewing Masterclass: Free masterclass on interviewing from SDN and Medical College of Georgia

Contacting Schools about "Awaiting Additional Information" status?

Discussion in 'Pre-Dental' started by jeeproteins, Sep 4, 2014.

1. jeeproteins

2+ Year Member

Pre-Dental
    Is it advisable to email or call schools that still display the "Received/Awaiting Additional Information" status in AADSAS?

I applied late, around 7/18 submitted
    took my DAT late, 8/07 official scores mailed out 8/29

However, a friend who submitted both DAT and app later received "Application Complete" from one of the schools I applied to, CWRU.

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. jeeproteins

2+ Year Member

Pre-Dental
  4. dienepredent

5+ Year Member

Pre-Dental
    I know CWRU specifically does NOT want you to do this. They say on their fb page, "Despite submitting early applications, many files won't be invited for interview because they haven't confirmed they paid their fee. Many others may not be invited because they are obsessively over-checking their confirmation. Please respect our secretaries' duties with the process."

5. Thetoothhurts91

5+ Year Member

Pre-Dental
    I'm having the same dilemma with Case. I know my payment is confirmed but it may be that my DAT score is still being processed. I'm going with the que sera sera route for now.

6. beachbum627

2+ Year Member

Dental Student
    I would say contact them if you can and if they are open to applicants calling! I had that status for LECOM, Tufts, and Tennessee. Had I not called to confirm a pre-req I was currently enrolled in, my app status would have not changed. Figuring out what schools need from you expedites the review process which can be a huge factor in a pre-december interview.

7. beachbum627

2+ Year Member

Dental Student
    In the case of Tufts, they contacted me... But not all schools will do that.