contacts at Scott AFB?

Started by 4401
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

4401

Full Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Dear military med community

Am currently a Marine reservist (IRR) attending law school and contemplating a switch to Navy medicine. Have contacts in the services, in general, and a few in medicine (HPSP grad in residency, USUHS student, Navy flight surgeon who just got out), but was hoping to visit a military hospital outright and get some firsthand experience.

I live in Saint Louis and believe Scott AFB is the closest hospital:
http://public.scott.amc.af.mil/units/375thmedicalgroup.asp

Any of you good folk have contacts there? I realize there are differences between each branch (and between installations), but an informal afternoon spent shadowing a military doc or two would be great.

Please send a private message if you're willing to help out.

V/R,
4401
 
Last edited:
I just left there last fall. There is no inpatient service there anymore, and the OR (same day surgery) is closing in a month or two. OB deliveries are being done at St Elizabeth's in Belleville, IL.

I still know some docs there (mostly surgeons) so if you want to visit pm me and I can try and put you in touch with somone.