Content prep in 8-9 weeks?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

expressojoe

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm planning to take the MCATs in March or April. My study goals are to finish content prep by winter break and then do practice every day until the exam day. I've hit a roadblock though in content prep, mainly with timing. Being a full-time student and doing all the pre-med things are a lot more time consuming then I thought. My question is, is it reasonable to get through content prep in those 8-9 weeks? I know I can breeze through chem and physics and I'm taking biochem this semester which can help.

Members don't see this ad.

I've read from several posts around here that a good way to get some practice in when time is limited is to use flash cards/Anki and try the MCAT questions of the day. There are several Anki decks available for free online you could probably download if you don't want to make your own. Those you could squeeze in about 30 minutes a day, maybe when you wake up, have lunch, before you go to bed, etc. Could throw in a Khan academy practice passage in here and there. That's only like 15 minutes or so of you time. You'll gradually familiarize yourself with the style of questions and have some content review when you read the answer explanations so you don't have so much on your plate when it comes down to those 8-9 weeks.