Control med early refills for vacation .

Started by mona2004
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

mona2004

Full Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I just want to know if md verbally approved early refills(15 days early )
For controlled rx because pt wants to go to vacation (out of country)it is ok to fill or we
Need to get md written approval for that.
 
After you get approval from the doctor and make all the necessary documentation, it's a judgement call. If you feel that you are acting in the best interest of the patient, then I'd say go ahead and do it.

I always try to follow this one simple rule in my practice: don't do anything you wouldn't feel comfortable justifying in front of the board.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
After you get approval from the doctor and make all the necessary documentation, it's a judgement call. If you feel that you are acting in the best interest of the patient, then I'd say go ahead and do it.

I always try to follow this one simple rule in my practice: don't do anything you wouldn't feel comfortable justifying in front of the board.

Very good advice.