Control med early refills for vacation .

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

mona2004

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I just want to know if md verbally approved early refills(15 days early )
For controlled rx because pt wants to go to vacation (out of country)it is ok to fill or we
Need to get md written approval for that.

Members don't see this ad.

After you get approval from the doctor and make all the necessary documentation, it's a judgement call. If you feel that you are acting in the best interest of the patient, then I'd say go ahead and do it.

I always try to follow this one simple rule in my practice: don't do anything you wouldn't feel comfortable justifying in front of the board.

Members don't see this ad :)
After you get approval from the doctor and make all the necessary documentation, it's a judgement call. If you feel that you are acting in the best interest of the patient, then I'd say go ahead and do it.

I always try to follow this one simple rule in my practice: don't do anything you wouldn't feel comfortable justifying in front of the board.

Very good advice.

make sure to check patient med history..if he/she has constant early refill, then it's less likely because of vacation..