Controversial Linked-In Post: Please Call Your Local KOL and/or Rep...

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

drusso

Moderator Emeritus
Lifetime Donor
Reaction score
1630078783173.png

This guy is asserting the IPM is over-utilized.

1630078873643.png

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users
hey that's my patient! I feel called out

• Haha
Reactions: 3 users
My eyesight is getting bad. I was trying to figure out what kind of hardware those black arrows were...

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
I having a hard time reading his insurance card. It must be blocked by an ipg

Reactions: 1 user
She’s missing a Vertiflex. Maybe that would fix her pain.
I’ve seen an SI fusion mid-placed too. It looked like it was hammered/drilled into the iliac bone next to the joint.

Reactions: 1 users
when did radiologists start having opinions?
I thought it was always clinically correlate.

• Haha
Reactions: 5 users
Unfortunately I think that this kind of stuff is not that uncommon. Motivation is either money (most likely) or the belief that in pain medicine we keep reaching into the tool bag until we provide relief or the tool bag is empty.

I think there is wisdom in what SLobel frequently states. “ I can treat what I can diagnose” or something along those lines. I think most on this forum are similarly minded. Visiting other pain doc forums I see a lot of nonspecific pain problems treated with nerve block, neurolysis, SCS, DRG, peripheral stim, IT opioids and then IT Prialt. DBS would be included if a hospital would allow a pain doc to do it. I have to wonder when the treatment becomes worse than the disease or in these cases just a symptom without a disease. I’m sure the docs performing these procedures would argue that one should be availing oneself of all that pain medicine has to offer to alleviate pain and that not doing so is being a wimp.,

Last edited:
Reactions: 4 users