Controversial PS topic: Terrorism

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

justwant2beMD

Reaction score
Hello!

In my PS, I mention treating a suspected terrorist while volunteering on an ambulance in the Middle East. I really like what I say, and I bring no politics or opinions into the paper. I was wondering if this is too risky or if it is ok? If anyone is willing to read my PS and give some advise I would be forever grateful.

Members don't see this ad.

I'd be happy to read too. Without any other knowledge, I would be more concerned about the "treatment" than "suspected terrorist". Under the Geneva Convention even known enemy combatants need to be treated by your side's medics when wounded (that said, I would still avoid the term 'terrorist'). However I hope you were only acting within your training (and actually do have some medical training e.g. as an EMT or paramedic).

Reactions: 1 users
Hello!

In my PS, I mention treating a suspected terrorist while volunteering on an ambulance in the Middle East. I really like what I say, and I bring no politics or opinions into the paper. I was wondering if this is too risky or if it is ok? If anyone is willing to read my PS and give some advise I would be forever grateful.

I did not write about my deployment experiences (my experiences at home were more apropos); however, I know several people who wrote about treating locals, some of whom I'm sure were not always friendlies. There's nothing wrong with writing about that if you do it well.

Reactions: 2 users