Cooking Volunteers/Jobs

Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

tennisball80

Membership Revoked
Removed
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I'm a guy who is very interested in cooking. 😍

Is there any jobs or volunteer positions that require cooking skill I can do during college ?

Thanks for any comments in advance. :luck:
 
I had a friend who worked the line in a rather nice Italian restaurant for money in undergrad. They may make you start low (even as a dishwasher) and the nights are exhausting, but if you can keep up, you can make some money. Just make sure it doesn't interfere with your grades or other things you may need (extracurriculars, shadowing, etc.) that you need should you choose to pursue medicine after undergrad.
 
Get a job at a restaurant. Or you could take a cooking class in college.
If you like cooking for pleasure, there are others out there with the same interest. A club/organization, maybe? Or maybe some of those female friends you have in college. I know they would love to cook with you 😀D
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
First thing that comes to my mind is to volunteer to cook for a homeless shelter, especially for the holidays. Hey, someone has to make all those Thanksgiving and Christmas dinners! Also, you can never go wrong with teaching other people to do something that you are passionate about. I'm sure that if you taught your fellow college freshmen how to cook, it would be very well-received by a lot of kids who have never lived on their own before. 🙂
 
Yeah, teach me how to cook. Ive mastered the art of cereal, ramen noodles, frozen pizzias, and take out. If you could teach me more, i'd be a pretty happy(fat) camper. K, thanks lol
 
If you're looking to volunteer for a good cause, may I suggest 2:

Meals on Wheels- they bring food to senior citizens who can't (or in some cases won't) cook for themselves. Goal: stamp out starvation among the elderly, plus give them a little bit of company during the day when the meals get dropped off.

Ronald McDonald House- families of pediatric patients can stay here while the patients are receiving medical treatment at local childrens' hospitals. They depend on volunteers to provide dinner every night to the guest families. This is a fantastic organization.

They're both pretty fantastic, actually.
 
Yeah, teach me how to cook. Ive mastered the art of cereal, ramen noodles, frozen pizzias, and take out. If you could teach me more, i'd be a pretty happy(fat) camper. K, thanks lol

I do all that and pasta... all carbs always; oh and chocolate I love chocolate... It's a wonder I'm not gigantic. Thank you soccer.

Yea volunteering at a soup kitchen would be a good way to volunteer. Haha, seriously random thread though.
 
What happens when soccer ends?
Tennis Take some culinary classes in college 🙂