Cornell C/O 2027 Applicants

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Do you remember the name of who called you by chance? My phone cut out partially and I was so excited I didn’t think to ask again.
oh gosh i wanna say it started with an L? but same i was just so beyond excited it went in one ear out the next

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
oh gosh i wanna say it started with an L? but same i was just so beyond excited it went in one ear out the next
I feel so bad I didn’t catch my caller’s name either! I think she said she was the dean of something? I was busy wondering if I was dreaming

Haha no worries I don’t blame you!! I think mine started with an L too but I’m in the same boat!!!

Members don't see this ad :)
OOS Acceptance from CA! The doctor was so sweet and was calling from San Diego which is why he said he just got around to his calls right now. Good luck to everyone!

Last edited:
Reactions: 6 users
I feel so bad I didn’t catch my caller’s name either! I think she said she was the dean of something? I was busy wondering if I was dreaming
Would you mind sharing your stats?

OOS Acceptance from CA! The doctor was so sweet and was calling from San Diego which is why he said he just got around to his calls right now. Good luck to everyone!
What does your last name start with? I’m loosing hope and also from CA :/

Reactions: 1 users
Does anyone know if the rejections/waitlists go out after all the acceptances?

Members don't see this ad :)
i feel like they need a better way to do this. This process is stressful enough and this makes it way worse.

Reactions: 9 users
OOS acceptance!

Reactions: 7 users
i feel like they need a better way to do this. This process is stressful enough and this makes it way worse.
I agree, ever since I seen the first call went out, I have been completely distracted at work because I don't want to miss the call. Unfortunately, I am starting to think I won't get one. :(

Reactions: 5 users
I agree, ever since I seen the first call went out, I have been completely distracted at work because I don't want to miss the call. Unfortunately, I am starting to think I won't get one. :(
I am in the same position. Fortunately my job gave me off because they knew how stressful today would be but sitting here doing nothing might be worse.

Really wish they would just send us email all at once….It would be nice to get the email of acceptance/rejection first then they could call to congratulate personally ☹️

Reactions: 8 users
Anyone know if they’re still calling? 😭

I think phone calls went until 8 pm both days last year

OOS acceptance from CA! Call came in at 11:35 Pacific time!

Reactions: 3 users
I was just looking at the APVMA group on Facebook and someone said there were people from last cycle that didn’t get a call but were emailed…and they received a call over the course of a few days…

Reactions: 3 users
If we haven’t received a call yet, do we still have a chance?

Are calls of acceptance done all in one day? Or are they usually spread out through the week ?

Just got the call. IS. Had given up hope but don’t! I’ve heard it’s normally two days that they call.

Reactions: 11 users
My stats are low (grades calculated lower because I didnt know VMCAS averages grades rather than replacing) so ive already had in my head since day one that im getting rejected :angelic::1whistle::happy::smack::beat:

My stats are low (grades calculated lower because I didnt know VMCAS averages grades rather than replacing) so ive already had in my head since day one that im getting rejected :angelic::1whistle::happy::smack::beat:
My stats are “low” too! 3.55! Wishing u goodluck :)

My stats are “low” too! 3.55! Wishing u goodluck :)
mine would have basically been that before the VMCAS calculations, like a 3.4 or something. but mine is much lower because of the calculation:dead:.... but thanks! fingers crossed still though:):luck:

mine would have basically been that before the VMCAS calculations, like a 3.4 or something. but mine is much lower because of the calculation:dead:.... but thanks! fingers crossed still though:):luck:
I'm in the same boat. VMCAS just really tanks your average :/

• Care
Unsure about the voicemail part (which I'm also nervous about because I go into work soon!) but I believe its a 607 area code

I was at work and missed the call but the professor left me a voicemail saying she is from Cornell and to give her a call back. It was an Ithaca area code

Do you guys think the calls are over? Did anyone get the sense that they were going to be calling for the two-day period?

It was done over 2 days last year so I’d say there will be more calls! Let’s get the hopes up but don’t forget there are many wonderful things in life besides this.

Reactions: 7 users
Just got a phone call with an acceptance!!! 😭😭 Cornell has been my dream school since middle school

*edited to say I'm OOS and my phone call was at 9:11 PM EST

Last edited:
  • Love
  • Care
Reactions: 21 users
What will happen if I cannot receive phone call or voice mail(currrently in Japan with no us phone service)

What will happen if I cannot receive phone call or voice mail(currrently in Japan with no us phone service)
You should still get an acceptance email and an update on your portal in a few days

I just got an email saying decisions should be available to view on the portal

Are you referring to the Cornell tracking page? Where on there would we see the decision?
I got the same email. It's right at the top of the tracking page. I think it may just be a confirmation for people who received an acceptance call yesterday.